Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

added Amp rack and 7" LCD (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007 | 01:52 PM
first350

Default added Amp rack and 7" LCD (pics)

finnaly got around to adding an amp rack and Farenheit's 7" LCD screen. (thanks for to all the ppl who've posted their installs - it was much easier to do this after seeing it done before)

amp rack: mounts in the area where the OE bose sub would have been. Easy install b/c I'd already taken out the metal bracket and had had the amp sit'n back there. (got the amp rack pre-cut and all the needed hardware from https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200482)

LCD: I used my old cubby ('05) and cut it out as much I could (the springs and hindges get in the way). I also had to cut on the interior side of it to be able to use the remote. I ran the RCA video cable to the rear of the car so that I can switch it either the HU or my 2 lipstick camera set-up (I'm hoping to catch some good footage of this years autoX season)

The pic quality is bad b/c of the lighting, but I'm very pleased with the clarity of the screen.

Here's the rest of the components I already had installed:
-Front speakers: Kicker components mounted on Zenclosure's spacers
-Rear Speakers: Kicker rear coaxials
-Subwoofer: Kicker Solo-baric 10” L5 mounted to Zenclosure Type-S custom subwoofer sealed enclosure.
-Amplifier: Kicker 5-channel 700-Watt
-Head Unit:JVC KD-DV6200 (DVD/CD/MP3 player)

pics:

amp rack installed

amp install on rack:

cubby w/ LCD

behind shot of LCD mounted to cubby by zip ties

playing my first DVD!

everything installed:

if you look on the Left side of the screen, you can see where I had ot make a small cut for the remote control.

-Peter

Last edited by first350; 01-09-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-09-2007 | 02:39 PM
AroundMyHorn

Originally Posted by first350
finnaly got around to adding an amp rack and Farenheit's 7" LCD screen. (thanks for to all the ppl who've posted their installs - it was much easier to do this after seeing it done before)

amp rack: mounts in the area where the OE bose sub would have been. Easy install b/c I'd already taken out the metal bracket and had had the amp sit'n back there. (got the amp rack pre-cut and all the needed hardware from https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200482)

LCD: I used my old cubby ('05) and cut it out as much I could (the springs and hindges get in the way). I also had to cut on the interior side of it to be able to use the remote. I ran the RCA video cable to the rear of the car so that I can switch it either the HU or my 2 lipstick camera set-up (I'm hoping to catch some good footage of this years autoX season)

The pic quality is bad b/c of the lighting, but I'm very pleased with the clarity of the screen.

Here's the rest of the components I already had installed:
-Front speakers: Kicker components mounted on Zenclosure's spacers
-Rear Speakers: Kicker rear coaxials
-Subwoofer: Kicker Solo-baric 10” L5 mounted to Zenclosure Type-S custom subwoofer sealed enclosure.
-Amplifier: Kicker 5-channel 700-Watt
-Head Unit:JVC KD-DV6200 (DVD/CD/MP3 player)

pics:

amp rack installed

amp install on rack:

cubby w/ LCD

behind shot of LCD mounted to cubby by zip ties

playing my first DVD!

everything installed:

if you look on the Left side of the screen, you can see where I had ot make a small cut for the remote control.

-Peter

sweet, do u like the kicker amp?
Old 01-09-2007 | 03:13 PM
first350

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
sweet, do u like the kicker amp?
the Kicker amp is great - it's larger than most, but I got it b/c it's 5 channel; that way I only needed 1 amp for all my stuff. I've yet to turn up the stereo to it's loudest setting...it's starts hurting my ears way too much

-Peter