Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Where?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 08:07 PM
FigTuna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where?????

Ill be installing an iPod adapter (a hardwire connection) in my Z. Found a great adapter thru CrutchFeild that got great ratings and cost $139. It allows you operate the iPod thru the Bose system! Pretty slick system. Below is a description of the unit:

You can take it with you. Just because you've got a factory radio in your car, doesn't mean you have to leave your iPod (and the hours and hours of music it contains) at home. Just install USA SPEC's iPod interface — it not only allows you to listen to all your favorite tunes through your car's speakers, it even lets you control song and playlist selections right from your radio. Plug your iPod into the interface — you can control volume, source, song selection, and up to five different play lists right from the radio. And the interface charges your iPod while it's connected. You even get an auxiliary input for connecting an add-on satellite radio, DVD player, or other external source.

Just mount the compact interface box in a hidden location in your vehicle, and connect the adapter cable to the CD changer input on your compatible Nissan or Infiniti factory radio. Read more

Details:

» iPod connection adapter for select Nissan factory stereos
» manage the iPod via your radio's CD changer controls
» adjust volume, track up/down, fast forward/rewind
» use up to five playlists (select five favorites, or Auto Playlist will let you choose from the first five on your iPod)
» Direct Mode allows you to control everything via the iPod itself, giving you access to all playlists (requires a DIP switch change on the USA SPEC adapter)
» compatible with all iPod and iPod mini models equipped with a dock connector and iPod software update 2004-04-28, or higher
» warranty: 3 years

Here is the link: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WSlOikE...p?i=581PA11NIS

Question: I need to find a place to mount the iPod holder and the cockpit of the Z is rather limited. I thought of placing it the connector in the center console where the nav-system would normally be installed or possibly where the cup holders are next to the E-Brake. I'm not so sure having it mounted in plain site on the dash somewhere in a roadster is a good idea for security reasons!

Any other ideas or comments out there in cyberland ya care to share with the rest of us?

Thanks Guys

Last edited by FigTuna; 03-07-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:53 AM
DeVus32v

I had a buddy install mine. He put it in the center console where the factory Nav would've been. There's a little rubber cover plate that pops in/out which covers up the decent sized hole he had to drill to get the cable to fit through, ha ha. I thought that was the best place for it. The iPod is hidden, the hole is hidden - golden.

I can take pics later if you want.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:57 AM
TurboTrey

I have mine where the ash tray is behind the shifter. I'm thinking now that I have a head unit that controls it that it might not be the best place. It was awesome though when I was using the RF modulator because it was always right there.

To get it there all you need to do is take out the ash tray/coin holder and pull up the shifter and you can run it right into a hole in the bottom of the slot.