Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Avic install fit issues?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:11 PM
SeanMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avic install fit issues?

I just installed an Avic Z1 with the Sosche double din kit on an 06. Everything works great, except when I hit eject its like the face is stuck. Did anyone else have problems like this, if so what did you do?

BTW I also installed the PAC SWI-PS to use the steering wheel controls on the AVIC and it works great.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:05 AM
Lsmith9523

I would suggest changing out the Sosche kit for the Metra dash kit. I dont think anyone has had any problems with the Metra. If not,,,I would check around the face,,,find where its dragging/sticking,,,,,,,try to adjust accordingly.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:54 AM
SeanMO

Ok I got it to work well for anyone else having problems heres good tips. Dont mount the AVIC to the front of the dash like the stock one was. I mounte the AVIC in place, then placed the dash over it. (sounds wierd but anyone who has installed a radio should get what Im saying)

another tip... not necessary, but it makes it easier to get the double din in and out. There is a black piece of plastic the basicly sits on top of the back of the stereo when the stereo is in place. I cut that peice out with an air saw and can easily be done with a dremel. Made a world of difference trying to fit the stereo in.