Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Good News From Bose

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 11:30 AM
kbsig106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Blose

Originally posted by AndyB
I am starting to feel like Blose is just blowing smoke to make us THINK we got action. When I asked about the 2004/Roadster system I got a cute little answer about how "It's a roadster so OF COURE the stereo would be different."

Of course it would be different?!?!? This coming from a "high end company" who's high quality engineering standards apparently did NOT include sitting in the car, popping in a CD, and hearing that it sounded like crap.

I should have answered "Are you actually going to sit in the car and listen to the stereo BEFORE shipping it THIS TIME?!?!?"

Man, the more Bose talks the more I think they are just placating us.
Ask them if they need any help putting in the CD. Better yet ask them if they built the radio on a Friday afternoon.
Old 05-01-2003, 03:11 PM
principe

Default This sucks

The reply you got is word for word the same one I got within 2 days.

I wrote them a follow up letter (below) 3 days now and no response, what do you think they're trying to tell us.. to bad so sad, live with it??? I'm not impressed so far. They are dancing as fast as they can!

==================================
Patty,

Thank you for your response.

I would like to say however that given that this problem has been around for a while and there is nothing in your note that is providing any resolution, I feel as though I am getting a polite brush off. I know that BOSE has been receiving complaints about this system for almost a year. I would be interested in knowing what specific plans you have to correct the situation to bring the system up to your "corporate standard". Is there something planned or yet to be planned? Can you share what the plan time lines are and what we can expect i.e. how will the fix be done... dealer fix, personal fix? For your information the amp replacement program has been received poorly as well. Although the auto pilot sound leveling seems to be better it does nothing to address the overall system quality.

If you are unable to address this with specifics can you provide me a contact name who can? Thank you for your time.

Tony Principe
Old 05-02-2003, 03:09 AM
john.laninga

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yet another canned response from Bose

Count me in too... emailed Bose, same canned response from "Patty", but no action.... maybe our collective emails will push them into some sort of response.

John
Old 05-02-2003, 04:00 AM
turbo03

Have you guys tried contacting Nissan. This will probably not fix current Bose cars, but if enough complaints are put in then they will probably reopen the contract for bid. This would probably happen with the convertable, but if it has already gone into production everyone will have to wait till next interior redesign or change. I push for Bose to change to Rockford Fosgate. They already use Rockford for the Sentra. Bose was great in the early 90's , but hasn't gottne any better since. I would alwasy chose a stock system over Bose any day. I would take Aftermarket stereo system over and big name factory system.

Just my 2 cents.

thanks,
Greg
Old 05-02-2003, 04:07 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default www.blose.com

Maybe we need to escalate the pressure. Is the domain name www.blose.com taken?!?!?

Maybe if someone started a "Truth about Bose High End" web page that would actually result in some action from Bose. I see their reputation is suffering in all their markets (car audio, home theatre, home stereo). Maybe if they see that trend picking up momentum they will get motivated.

www.blose.com ... I just wish I was a web master. 8*)
Old 05-02-2003, 04:08 AM
AndyB

Default PS

PS: The web site could start off with their written acknowledgment that the stereo sucks. Under that could be a running clock on how long they have done nothing about the problem.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:23 AM
Rahtok

Guys, take it easy. I've got the damn system, and I know it sucks like nothing I've ever heard before. However, it will take some time to fix. This is a SNAFU on a pretty large scale, and it's going to cost some buckos to fix.

I called the 800 number, and was actually connected to Patty. She was very nice, and explained that Bose has acknowledged that there is a problem, and that they are committed to rectifying the problem. She doesn't know what is going to happen yet, but she took my name, address, phone, email, and detailed complaint. She assured me that as soon as a decision was made, they'd contact everyone they had in the database.

Personally, I wouldn't expect anything to happen inside of 3 months... I think 6 months is a much more realistic time frame. That's a long time, but thats about the time it takes for the corporate wheels to gain momentum.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:44 AM
syf0n

That's not the point. The point is that Bose touts themselves as audio gurus, and they produced a shitty low-grade system. It has taken them a full year to admit it, much less do anything about it.

Fact is, they're already late. Even with the time it takes to 'get the ball rolling' as you put it.
Old 05-02-2003, 06:48 AM
principe

I think that is a cop out. The problem has been around for along time. In the electronics forum a year is a life time. Did you really think that Patty wouldn't be polite?? Its what they do for a living. I am still waiting for a response to my second letter, now 4 days and nothing yet.

I suspect the issue is more the funds to correct this problem and how they will work with Nissan to do it. We know that corners were cut to deilver the car at the price, advertizing the system howver as a premium sound system was definitely a screw up and someone should take the heat for it.

You said in their database, why don't the just contact NISSAN and get the names?? I hope that I am wrong but they are just doing their corporate dance and giving us BS. There is no plan or it would have been released in some form ... date to anounce it at least, We have nothing.

Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:51 AM
kbsig106

Thumbs down The only way I see it.....

I tried to figure out what Bose/Nissian will do about this once (if)they decide to fix the problem. I don't believe it will be another AMP switch out. The head unit needs to be replaced and improved. Bose, on their website, brags about the system being "intergrated" with the car(s). So I believe it could be a combo of improvements/changes.

I mean were do we begin? With the 32 ohm back speakers, the crazy AMP, the front tweeters that don't seem to work "buzz" or very weak sound. Absolute dog$hit.

I've heard better sound out of a Autozone special with paper speakers.

We've been hoodwinked(sp?) -as Sam would say.

Old 05-02-2003, 09:23 AM
Rahtok

Originally posted by syf0n
That's not the point. The point is that Bose touts themselves as audio gurus, and they produced a shitty low-grade system. It has taken them a full year to admit it, much less do anything about it.

Fact is, they're already late. Even with the time it takes to 'get the ball rolling' as you put it.
It is the point. I agree with you 100%... it sucks, they should have admitted it faster, and we all deserve a new system. I've never purchased anything without first trying it out, and this whole situation is a bite in the ***... I ordered the car without ever even seeing the color, let alone a test drive. If it weren't for the window streaks and bose though, I'd be a completely happy camper. I've got 5500 miles on it now, and I'm beginning to think I see tire feathering on the inside edges of the front tire.

However, it's not going to change the reality that it's going to still take some time, and grumping ain't going to help any of us. Polite, regular, and persistant communication from all of us to Bose / Nissan will get us what we want the fastest. Getting angry will only give us a bad rep at the least, and delay or destroy our chances at a replacement at the worst.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:30 AM
vancitydude

I was at my dealership yesterday picking up a part and the service manager asked me how my new amp was.. i told him in was crap (politely). I also informed him that i had taken the matter up with BOSE... He seemed pleasantly suprised that they would admit to the flaw and asked that i forward him the form letter from "Patty"... who knows, maybe a little pressure from Nissan dealerships couldn't hurt either...
Old 05-02-2003, 11:07 AM
zh.guitar
Leave your mark!

I got the same canned response from Bose. Anyone call them yet?

Hello Seth,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your disappointment with the Bose
Music System in your 2003 Nissan 350Z. The current performance level of
this system does not meet our corporate standards and we are committed to
rectifying the situation.

Please encourage your friends who may be experiencing similar problems to
contact us. We will follow-up with you with more information when a plan
has been finalized.

We apologize for the inconvenience this situation has caused.

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.

Patty Bolack
Consumer Relations Division
-----------------------------------------------------
Bose Corporation
US Telephone: (800)231-2673
International Tel: (508)766-6699
Fax Number: (508)879-2043
Email: http://www.bose.com/contact_us/

Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (EST)
Visit our Website: www.bose.com

They are encouraging people to contact them with complaints.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:22 AM
vancitydude

Fellas... thought i'd share this with you -- perhaps some good news... i called the 800 number from the email today and asked speak with Patti... she was in a meeting, but the woman i spoke to gave me some info regarding the situation... she said that bose *is* in fact working on a solution, it's not lip service, and a solution could come sooner than later... she said that bose is compiling a database of all the concerned parties, and to call back in a week or so because there may be news that quickly...

She did also mention that *everyone* experiencing a problem should call or email because the squeeky wheel (or shitty stereo, as the case may be) gets the oil.

She also mentioned that the solution Bose is working on ackwknowledges that the replacement amp is crap.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:03 PM
alienx

I'm in the same boat as all of you, but it isn't Bose's fault. I would think it will be great if they take it upon themselves to fix this problem. Nissan is who our complaint should be with. They sold the system to us. Bose just risks losing some of the value of their brand if they choose not to deal with this problem.

I agree with whoever said to be patient with BOSE. They have no real responsibility to deal with this situation. That is unless Nissan feels they didn't get what they contracted for, and they go after BOSE (which I'm hoping is going on now too).

The pressure on Nissan probably caused them to contact Bose, and I imagine that is partly responsible for Bose even discussing the issue with us. That, and they are obviously obliged as a merchant to try to maintain goodwill with the stereo buying public.

Let's see what happens.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:13 PM
AndyB

Default Bose's fault

Originally posted by alienx
I'm in the same boat as all of you, but it isn't Bose's fault. I would think it will be great if they take it upon themselves to fix this problem. Nissan is who our complaint should be with. They sold the system to us. Bose just risks losing some of the value of their brand if they choose not to deal with this problem.
I agree in giving Bose time to make it right, but I dissagree that it is not their fault! Nissan (car experts) hired Bose (alleged stereo experts) to design a "upgraded stereo system".

It is the Bose team that dropped the ball. They designed and built a stereo for the car that sounds terrible. Apparently they never just sat in the car and listened to it. The design is bad, and then the quality control team failed to notice that it sounded like crap.

It will be great if Bose makes good on the problem (and fixes the 2004 models before mine is built!), but it IS their fault to begin with. (in my opinion)

Ok, Nissan should get a little blame for not acting as advocates for unhappy Bose owners, but they probably felt like it was a Bose problem.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:29 AM
vancitydude

I'm of the belief that BOSE will fix this problem, for one reason; and that is, the new amp that they issued KILLS the original sound of the stereo. BOSE and NISSAN could argue that we bought the cars knowing the sound was average (at best), but the replacement amp has DETERIORATED the sound beyond what we paid for under warrantee; Therefore, these companies are on the hook to fix the problem correctly.
Old 05-05-2003, 11:13 AM
kbsig106

Thumbs up Latest response from the boys @ BOSE

Here's the latest from BOSE:

I can assure you that this is not a polite brush off. As soon as a plan has been finalized we will follow-up with more information. I have your name in our database and you will be contacted as soon as any information is available.

Thank you for choosing Bose Corporation.

Patty Bolack
Consumer Relations Division
Bose Corporation
US Telephone: (800)231-2673
International Tel: (508)766-6699
Fax Number: (508)879-2043

I'm happy with Patty at this point in time.

Old 05-05-2003, 11:19 AM
vancitydude

SWEET!

let's hope the "information" is positive in nature, and not simply a *price* to install a new stereo at a reduced rate
Old 05-05-2003, 12:27 PM
principe

Well, I see my words in her reply but I haven't been sent anything formally as a response to my second note...

Do I believe, I want to just haven't seen any progress in over a year so what is it the BOSE wants us to think???

As for their database, how does one get in it? Writing them?

I'd like to see some action not just words. As to the believers, how long do we wait before we send off a follow up note?

Quick Reply: Good News From Bose