Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

in the middle of install and have questions - AVIC-D3 on 07'

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 11:09 PM
orbitalpunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in the middle of install and have questions - AVIC-D3 on 07'

hi there,

im in the middle of my install and had a couple of questions.

could somone point out which one is the vehical speed sensor? these are the 3 connectors that connected to the AC white box

do I leave this brown connector that used to be connected to the stock radio left disconnected now?

anyone ever used these "easy version" connector harnesses from Metra? would i not be able to do the bypass if i used it? There is nothing i can connect myself to the vehicle speed wire (if i knew where it was) so i dont know if it is connecting to it or not. also there is nothing to connect to the ebrake myself. again, is it doing it for me. has someone used this with success or should i just solder myself with the standard harness?

has everyone had all 4 screws on the stock mounting brackets not line up. in this case, the one. if so, did you drill to widen the hole or just left it?

lastly, does this look right? or should i drill the bracket holes wider so i can move it around a little?

Thanks!

Last edited by orbitalpunk; 06-02-2007 at 03:09 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:16 PM
orbitalpunk

-

Last edited by orbitalpunk; 06-02-2007 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:14 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. its hte white wire in the middle harness

2. if there is nothing to plug the brown connector back into, leave it

3. easy connect harness is fine, but are you going to bypass is? if so, you still need to tap the ground.

4. i cant tell from that last pic how it sits front to back, but it loos okay up and down, it shoula slo be pretty well flushed with the front plate...and that is ecured in right? like as in bolted to the plastic housing?

b
Old 06-02-2007, 11:30 AM
kloudak47

Not to hijack or derail this the thread but are you going to be getting (I think this is the right part) the PAC SWI-X piece to retain your Enthusiast models steering wheel controls?

The reason I ask is because I'm about to buy a D3 as well and definitely want to retain the nerd ***** on the steering wheel.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:35 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

you need thd SWI-PS, whcih is a direct plug in into the pioneer piece

b
Old 06-02-2007, 12:44 PM
lbz

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Only 3 of the screws lined up on mine but that was after I drilled new holes to make mine flush with the console. That looks pretty good to me, try taking a pic from an angle off to the side so we can see how flush it is...
Old 06-02-2007, 03:16 PM
orbitalpunk

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
1. its hte white wire in the middle harness
do i still need to do this if i use the easy connect. is there a way to tell if the pioneer is using the vehicle sensor once i turn it on to confirm this?

3. easy connect harness is fine, but are you going to bypass is? if so, you still need to tap the ground.
yes, I plan to bypass. you mean the harness ground, right? what do i need to tap it to?

also, i put the put the mute wire in the new location in the RCA harness. is that all i need the RCA harness for? just for the bypass? so if I dont bypass do I still need the RCA harness? i just had a non-bose system

oh also i dont have steering controls. I purposely got a base cause i wanted a clean steering wheel, and wanted to add my own cusco LSD rather then have the stock one and the VSD is not necessary for me.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:40 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

1. yes you still need to, the easy harness does not account for the VSS wire, strip a little bit off that white wire, wrap the pink wire form the D3 around it, electrical tape it, and then put a wire tie over that part. and then hook it to the D3

2. take the mute wire out, insert it in the slot right above it, make sure of ocurse you flip the mute wire's pin right side up when insert it, you can see that it has been seated properly by looking at the front of the plug. then ground it, what i do is strip a little bit off the ground wire on the main harness, wrap this wire's end around, electrical tape it, and then wire tire it... so when you ground hte main ground harness, you are set to go.

good luck

b
Old 06-02-2007, 06:21 PM
orbitalpunk

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
1. yes you still need to, the easy harness does not account for the VSS wire, strip a little bit off that white wire, wrap the pink wire form the D3 around it, electrical tape it, and then put a wire tie over that part. and then hook it to the D3
But if i use the easy harness, there isnt a pink wire anymore coming from the D3 cause the easy harness replaces the power harness that the D3 came with. so im a little confused on that one.

2. take the mute wire out, insert it in the slot right above it, make sure of ocurse you flip the mute wire's pin right side up when insert it, you can see that it has been seated properly by looking at the front of the plug. then ground it, what i do is strip a little bit off the ground wire on the main harness, wrap this wire's end around, electrical tape it, and then wire tire it... so when you ground hte main ground harness, you are set to go.
Yeah, got that right. just was surprised that i need this entire rca harness just for this flipping of the mute cable.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:32 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

uh...hmm that i have no idea, i never used one of those hraness..look at hte pin where the pink wire was coming from, is there another wire in its place? if os, trace it and see where it goes...

if there isnt a wire there, then you need to uh...pull the pink wire out of hte old plug nad insert it in there...

i dont see how a simple adapter harenss can magically make VSS info appear to the HU, if thats hte case, i need to start using those for all my Nav installs hehe..

b
Old 06-02-2007, 07:13 PM
orbitalpunk

well ill hook up the easy harness to find out if there is a way to confirm in the headunit that it is receiving vehicle speed info. let me know and ill take the chance and report. picture 5 is the the easy harness with both ends attached.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:58 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

that looks like a standard pioneer plug, i think you are going to need to add those other wires its missing...

the easiest way to confirm is to go into settings, click connectoin status, and drive a little bit, if the speedsensor is hooke dup, it will make a beeping sound and you can see the speed pulse move..

but looking at hte pic, there is no speed sensor wire for usre, i am 100 percent positive.

Bing