Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

I need HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 07:19 AM
AllUZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need HELP!!!

I went to get my custom install. They quoted me a one day job, which turned out to be five. I now have scratches all over the inside of my car. To make things worse, it was the poorest sub enclosure I've ever seen. Nothing matches up, and pieces don't even stay conected. I told them I wanted my money back, and they said they don't give refunds for custom install. What can I do? I just want it out. Can anyone give advise?

Thank You,
Johnathon
Old 05-28-2003, 08:14 AM
indulf

photograph all the damage, document their quote to you saying it would take one day, document the actual time it took.

look in the contract you signed and in the paperwork they gave you for any clauses that would get them out of trouble- like something to this effect:

"we are not responsible for any damage incurred due to a custom enclosure" blah blah.

get your paperwork straight, take it to the manager/owner, and ask them to fix the box to your satisfaction and replace all damaged parts inside the car. if they refuse, threaten them with legal action.

how much $$ are we talking about for all the damage + a box that satisfies you? you might be able to take them to small claims court and spare the expense of a lawyer. if it doesnt work, weigh taking them to court or dropping it.

dont go down without a fight. period. they should be liable for negligent installers, and usually the clauses in contracts such as those dont cover their butts for the actual process of installation-- it only covers something like your rear window busting out because you have too much thump. but i dont think you have to worry about that huh?

fight em tooth and nail!

indulf
Old 05-28-2003, 08:30 AM
tonkadog

Talking hit em where it hurts

If you paid with a check - RUN (don't walk) to your bank and issue a stop payment on that check.

If you used a credit card, call and dispute the charge. Getting the card company involved will tie up their resources while they conduct an investigation. You might get lucky and when they find out that the credit card company is involved, they may co-opperate a lot more to resolve this quickly.

But like indulf said, document EVERYTHING!!! If you send letters, send them signature required, return receipt. Document all calls, date and time, who you spoke with and what was said. Take pictures, lots of pictures.

good luck and keep us posted
Old 05-28-2003, 09:08 AM
indulf

and as you document it, make sure you write everything journal-style in a hard bound book (you can get one at wal-mart).

hard bound journals are, in most cases, admissible in court as evidence.

i hope you paid with a CC, because if you dispute the charges then the lawyers from the card company will get on their case.

not only do you need your $$ back, but you need the damage fixed too.

indulf