Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 11:46 PM
Zsilverstone13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help!

I just got my new HU(Clarion DXZ935) and the install kits(metra kit and receiver wiring adaptor from Crutchfield). I am still waiting for the center speaker(Clarion SRK5), and still looking for the subwoofer. This is my first time to work on car audio stuff, and I have a few question.

1). The instruction for the receiver wiring adaptor says to connect the ground wire(black) with the ground wire from the receiever to vehicle chassis. I have not taken out the center consol yet, but I am pretty sure that there is no way I can connect these wires to the chasis. What should I do? (I am thinking just to connect the 2 wires together, but just want to be sure)

2). After reading the installation instruction of the HU, I realize after adding the center speaker, there will be just 1 non-fader RCA out. The instruction says this is for subwoofer(non-fader right. The RCA for center speaker is non-fader left), but all the amps or power subs I know have 2 input(left and right)..what to do?

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:13 AM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

theres a big ground cable under the center console in the dash. you can tap into that.

for you center and sub, just buy a Y-splitter (2 female to 1 male) then patch cord the center and the sub into each Y-splitter, and instead of 4 rca, you now have 2. Simple

Last edited by alphared; 05-29-2003 at 05:15 AM.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:27 AM
Zsilverstone13

alphared,
Thanks, but I am still a little confuse. I have 1 RCA fro SUB, and 1 RCA for center speaker. So I should get the Y-spliter to split the 1 sub RCA into 2 and connect to amp/power sub with it. Is that right?

Thanks,
Old 05-29-2003, 10:28 AM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, thats right. i got confused typing you need a y-splitter that has 1 female and 2 males. you can use a regular RCA interconnect (L&R) connect it to the sub and center RCA on the HU, then split it into the amp.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:01 PM
jeffa

A lot of amps will allow you to connect only one RCA, and they will bridge both channels internally, eliminating the need for a Y cable.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:36 PM
Zsilverstone13

Thank y'all. I hope I'll get my center speaker soon, so I can start install my new system.