Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Pioneer AVIC-Z2 In dash Navigation etc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007 | 03:31 AM
zprincess

Default Pioneer AVIC-Z2 In dash Navigation etc.

I am contemplating purchasing this unit and having it installed in the car. What type of speakers, amplifiers, etc. should I purchase to really make the sound hot. I want the total cost to be somewhere between $4,000 and $6,000.

I have a price of $4,200 for all the bells and whistles and some other stealthy upgrades my husband wants without the speakers and amplifiers. Any suggestions?

Larry would like to wait till Christmas and see if he can negotiate a better price or wait till next spring when the new and improved model comes out.
The store manager told me he will give us a super good deal if we do a complete package. They have them in stock and are ready to install. The installation is free till the end of the month but the cost of the unit is much higher than the online prices without installation. The special items Larry wants will be a 3 week special order and then installation in a month or so after placing the order. What do you guys think?
Old 10-27-2007 | 10:20 AM
stylett9

well, whatever you do, just keep in mind the markup on car audio stuff is generally between 40-50%. So if he is paying close to MSRP then it's a horrible deal. this includes, amps, speakers, subs, everything.
Old 10-27-2007 | 03:02 PM
zprincess

I guess I didn't explain it quite right. What type of speakers should we purchase and what do you suggest in the way of amps etc to maximize our sound system? Larry knows the price is high. He is getting a lot of special bells and whistles that will help us when we show the car and for other occasions. He can cut a lot of money off the price if he shops it and buys it online and then finds someone that can install it properly.
Old 10-28-2007 | 10:38 AM
Get_Zwole

i would go with a component system from either dls, focal, morel, rainbow, cdt's theres lots more but those are my fav's. Good clean powered amp to them and a elemental designs sub in the back will sound fantastic. just my .02