Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Infinity Basslink 2 vs. Zenclosure Setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:43 PM
davidpham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity Basslink 2 vs. Zenclosure Setup

Hey guys,

Installed my PA11-NIS today in my 08 Base w/out Bose. Works perfectly.

I'm aiming to keep my Z looking as close to factory as possible. I guess I want to be as stealthy as I can with any aftermarket parts I install.

That being said, I need to add some new speakers. For now, I'm debating between Infinity Kappa 6 1/2" Components in the front, or Alpine 6 1/2" Type R Components.

In the meantime, I want to install a sub to fill the lows, as I spend a lot of time in my car listening to music. I'm not out to win any car shows with a huge battalion of subs, I just want clean lows that will not be too loud when heard outside of the Z.

Those of you who have either the Basslink 2 (placed in opening behind drivers seat) or Zenclosure w/ Single 10" Sub, please let me know how happy you are with your setup and convince me which is better.

You guys rock.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:55 AM
finalfantasy316

i have heard both and because of that is why i decided to go with the zenclosure. i have a 10 inch kicker L7 and that thing rocks. its going to be more expensive to do it that way but it sounds ever so much better. its one of those things that you get what you pay for in the car audio world.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:16 AM
shift-er

i track my cars and drive them hard.....for that reason i have never been a big fan of subs/heavy enclosures. In my opinion the basslink rocks. I also installed infinity 6 1/2" and it sounds nice, however accoustically the Z never had much problem anyway IMO.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:46 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crutchfield has a very good article on the Basslink (a comparison) that I recommend you should read. And several members here have had great experience with it too. My own setup (whenever it happens) will also have the Basslink in it since combined with midbass drivers in the rear, it would be way more than enough for my needs. Z has a very compact interior and I don't believe in "subbing" the hell out of it.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:57 AM
davidpham

thanks for your help guys. just bought a Basslink 2 from Art Vandaleigh, a member on this forum. got a great deal!

have any of you had experience with the Infinity 4sc Expansion Amp? It seems like a neat deal.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:05 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. What I've heard though, is that B2 is tough to fit in the factory sub location but original Basslink fits fine. IIRC, only one member here was able to stuff a B2 in there.

The expansion amp is a neat idea but it is only 40w x 4, correct? I would want something a bit stronger (at least 75wpc).
Old 02-10-2008, 11:20 AM
davidpham

thanks for the help guys. buying my basslink 2 from a fellow member.

will let y'all know how the install goes!