Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Stock navigation troubles

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 05:24 AM
cspinner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock navigation troubles

I have an '05 ZR Touring with the navigation system. I've used it around town a few times where I can set a destination, it calculates the fastest route, and in a few seconds I'm off. Just recently I planned a trip from upstate NY to Manhattan and I typed in the address of my destination. The progress bar showed it calculating the route, but when it reached the end it just froze there. I let it sit for 15 minutes, but I had to grab my Garmin to get me there.

Does anyone have problems using the stock navigation system down in the NYC area? Once I was down there, I set a destination a couple miles away and the same thing happened... the progress bar reaches the end and just hangs. I don't have this problem upstate.

I have a nice Garmin I've been using in the mean time, but it would be great to get this nav system working since it came with the car... Any advice would be great.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:36 AM
clarkemtp

You got me. Warranty? *shrugs*

Does entering a destination address anywhere else cause the system to freeze up like that?
Old 02-20-2008, 05:37 PM
cspinner

Originally Posted by clarkemtp
You got me. Warranty? *shrugs*

Does entering a destination address anywhere else cause the system to freeze up like that?
It works for other addresses in upstate NY. I'm in binghamton and it can calculate routes to get to buffalo or albany. But it freezes when I want to calculate routes to NYC, Long Island, or Philly.

Like I said, when I was in NYC area it would freeze even if I picked an address across town. However, if I chose to go back from NYC to upstate, it worked fine....

Is there a way I can reset this thing?