Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Avic-D3 Screen Settings

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 12:42 PM
sosojeffcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avic-D3 Screen Settings

So just got my avic-d3 installed. However, I'm having a really difficult time getting the screen settings just right so that daytime viewing is optimum. Anyone feel like they have a pretty good setting so that there's no issues with viewing during the daytime? I have an insane amount of glare from the screen, kind of annoying.

Oh, and here's a wallpaper I made since I couldn't find a simple Z logo on a black background. Feel free to use it if you like it

Old 03-19-2008, 08:31 PM
lukep90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same problem, i have tried all of the settings, and it seems that the glare is too much. if you figure it out, lemme know
Old 03-20-2008, 05:46 AM
GeauxLadyZ

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lukep90
same problem, i have tried all of the settings, and it seems that the glare is too much. if you figure it out, lemme know
Well the Z has an obvious glare problem for all HU...whether pioneer or not. The D3 actually has an anti-glare screen (thats why its kind of foggy looking--its a clear plastic sheet) But see the problem is that the dash faces upwards (doesnt slant up steeply--or straight up-- like most car dashes) towards the front window--and on all sports cars the front window is so long (top to bottom) that if you were to look directly down on this window the radio part of the dash would be directly in the middle.

Because of this--theres going to be a TON of glare on ANY screen (thats why OEM navigation screen is kind of 'tucked in' a half inch or so into the upper cubby--and youll notice the cubby door when open blocks the sunlight perfectly--both made this way for anti-glare)

My advice to you fellas is to just increase (yes increase) the dimmer settings to make it brighter in the day and at night. (i have no idea why increasing the number on the dimmer makes it brighter--that doesnt seem to make sense to me) Anyway thats what i did on my D3 and it works as best it can.

Last edited by GeauxLadyZ; 03-20-2008 at 05:50 AM.