Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Nazar Door Pod Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:33 PM
QdotJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nazar Door Pod Mounting

Just got a set of these from a member here on the forum. I really want to avoid drilling into my doors. I got one to mount using "heavy duty tape" I found at Homedepot. I know it's not going to last that long and it's a bit too gaped for my liking...

any ideas?
Old 04-04-2008, 07:25 AM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

drilling is the only way, and only acceptable way...screws with speedclips works best. this is also i ugess, part of hte advantage of kicks, a simple direct swap for a 40 dollar part when you want to return it to stock

but do NOT use tape, you have to drill, or fiberglass it to the door hehe as soon sa it get remotely warm its gonna go tumbling down.

b
Old 04-04-2008, 07:34 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Old 04-04-2008, 08:13 AM
geomark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As Bing said, you need to drill and it wouldn't hurt if you put some weather strip on the inside edges as well to get a seal. No way will tape hold it. On the other hand once you get it on there, I doubt that you will want to take it back off.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:45 AM
QdotJ

^ Ok, so if I use thick "industrial body kit" tape, it wouldn't hold either? My legs are bumping into the this too much for my liking, not to mention my feet are too big for kicks (Size 14) - I may end up selling them. Eh, I'll see what I can do...
Old 04-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Nazar
Banned

Originally Posted by QdotJ
^ Ok, so if I use thick "industrial body kit" tape, it wouldn't hold either? My legs are bumping into the this too much for my liking, not to mention my feet are too big for kicks (Size 14) - I may end up selling them. Eh, I'll see what I can do...
Use nuts and bolts that comes with the pods. You can always leave the pods in the car when you sell it. Or you can use some screw caps to cover the holes.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:06 AM
geomark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tape aint gonna cut it. Remember, these are not only going to hold the speakers but going to take a pounding from the bass. They have to be 'part' of the door.

Now, no one mentions this but once you use the nuts and bolts and tighten them down you are not going to want to remove them. They leave an 'indentation' of the pod design on the door as well as the holes you screw for the mounting.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:12 PM
QdotJ

Originally Posted by Nazar
Use nuts and bolts that comes with the pods. You can always leave the pods in the car when you sell it. Or you can use some screw caps to cover the holes.
I picked these up used... there was no hardware included. I'm considering keeping them, mold them onto the door and recover the panel with something down the line. As always, these things are a work in progress.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:18 PM
16psibrick
Sponsor
Simplicity in Sound

no way any kind of tape can hold it, not even close, i dont care if its super duper as seen on tv you can pull a tractor with it tape

its shin space versus foot space door pods vs kicks...hehe hey i have size 13 feet your feet naturally adjusts

but yeah, if you don have hte bolts nazar includes, you can get your own bolts, or at the least, use screws and speedclips.

good luck

b
Old 04-05-2008, 09:05 AM
QdotJ

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone. I took the time and drilled the three small holes in the door and attached the pods...

The thought of drilling into my doors freaked me out, but hey... you gotta pay to play... No need to post pics as I'm sure everyone's seen them before...