Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

RCA Cables

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:22 PM
sosojeffcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCA Cables

So I was in a rush putting in my order for an amp, and ordered these rca cables as well without putting much research into wires. Did I just waste 25 bucks on these cables that would actually "perform" worse than any ol regular cables?

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=6301
Old 04-09-2008, 06:57 PM
DHCrocks

they should be fine. Stinger makes good stuff although that is the lower line. What's important is that it's a twisted pair that's the most important thing to look for in a a set of RCAs, they help to minimize the amount of noise introduced into the system. The ends are not gold plated but that's not much a big deal, oxidation of the connection is not that big a problem. honestly, you really can't tell the difference between RCAs in an automobile, too much ambient noise to notice any subtle differences it might make.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:40 AM
350zspl
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sosojeffcc
So I was in a rush putting in my order for an amp, and ordered these rca cables as well without putting much research into wires. Did I just waste 25 bucks on these cables that would actually "perform" worse than any ol regular cables?

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=6301
it is stinger lower end , but still very good

the higher end stuff can get pricey like $ 150 for a set of 20 ft

you will be fine
Old 04-10-2008, 04:55 AM
StreetOC192

Originally Posted by DHCrocks
they should be fine. Stinger makes good stuff although that is the lower line. What's important is that it's a twisted pair that's the most important thing to look for in a a set of RCAs, they help to minimize the amount of noise introduced into the system. The ends are not gold plated but that's not much a big deal, oxidation of the connection is not that big a problem. honestly, you really can't tell the difference between RCAs in an automobile, too much ambient noise to notice any subtle differences it might make.
Twisted pair is only effective in a balanced input configuration.

The route of the RCA and installation is more important than the quality of the cable unless you are running a VERY high end SQ system.