Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Found Out the Hard Way! Roadster Rear Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 05:57 AM
Big Tav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found Out the Hard Way! Roadster Rear Speakers

Hi guys, just thought I would give you all with Roadsters out there a heads up if you plan on replacing your rear speakers. There are plastic trim covers that go on the bits behind the headrests that must be removed first to get to the panel that comes off to get to the rear speakers.

Sounds all ok so far...but here's the kicker. They are designed to break and must be replaced every time you remove them!!! I thought this was BS but the installer called Nissan to check and they confirmed it. They even faxed me a copy of the the workshop manual/parts list from Nissan showing the 4 parts with a x beside them clearly stating " these must be replaced every time they are removed. WHAT CRAP!!! Couldn't they have put a coulpe of screws in there for pete's sake!

$70AUD for each one and I need 4! My installer is going to see if some survive to save some money but I wasn't expecting that nasty little surprise when budgeting for my system!

Has anyone here managed to remove them safely?
Old 07-30-2008, 08:22 AM
StreetOC192

Yet another reason to eliminate the rear fill.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Big Tav

I thought the same thing. I called him back to ask if he thought it was worth doing but he said they were already off so rear Focals for me!
Old 07-30-2008, 01:11 PM
Pete's 03SVT

I removed them without breaking any clips or marring them up at all. It took a while and I had to use a very thin panel popper tool, but after I figured out how they came off it wasn't that bad. you have to spread them apart far enough to get a flat blade screwdriver between them and press down on each of the "breakaway" clips. Only the front of the rollbar plastic part comes off too. I was trying to get the back off at the same time but they are screwed on from inside.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:20 AM
Big Tav

They came off and only one clip broke but I think I can fix it pretty easily.

I must say though adding Focals to the rear has transformed the experience for me. It was really good before but now it sounds exactly how I like it

I highly recommend rears in a Roadster since the sound doesn't really bounce of anything like in a coupe.