Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

How to install sub+amp ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003 | 08:41 AM
soupnazi1

Default How to install sub+amp ?

I have a spare Logitech Z560 sub (8ohms, 100watts) and I wanna use it as a sub in my Honda Civic. Since the sub is unpowered, I know I need an amp to drive it. (The power cable was cut off, so I opened up the cabinet and was able to access the wire that goes to the woofer.)

1. Is it possible to get a power connector that would allow me to plug a sub amp or any amp into the cigarrette lighter socket? (I have NO idea how to hook up an amp to the electrical wiring in a car.)

2. Do you think this would work?

3. Any tips or advice?

Thanks

Last edited by soupnazi1; 08-10-2003 at 08:53 AM.
Old 08-10-2003 | 11:58 AM
alphared

depends on the amp. I'm pretty sure you going to blow the cig lighter fuse as soon as you turn the car on. Amp's require alot of power, and the fuse for the cig lighter cannot handle the current needed. If it does work (for some weird reason) you will risk an electrical fire, cause that 16 or 14 gauge wire feeding the cig lighter surely going to heat up and burn.

Play it save and run a 4 or 6 awg cable from the battery to the amp and make sure theres an inline fuse rated to handle the current. do a search, theres a how to posted on top of this forum.