Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Basslink Part 2 - Metal Tabs in Sub Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 12:56 PM
Mikestro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone here installed the Basslink while keeping the stock bose head unit? That is the set up I have and the Basslink isn't linking me to very much bass
Old 08-18-2003, 02:40 PM
cliffart

Originally posted by Mikestro
Has anyone here installed the Basslink while keeping the stock bose head unit? That is the set up I have and the Basslink isn't linking me to very much bass
Can you describe the setup?.....are you connecting it to the rear speakers..all four....the original input to the Bose amp..ect. I have the stock head unit and the Basslink connected to the two rear speakers. One problem I had durring the install was swapping the positive and ground on one of the rear speaker inputs. This made the two inputs cancell each other out....not very impressive sound
I found this out when I changed the ballance all the way to one side so only one speaker was on.....and then there was bass.
Old 08-18-2003, 02:48 PM
Mikestro

Finally someone who has the same set up as me!!!! I might finally get my system fixed now

Okay, I am running the original input to the Bose "sub amp" to the left rear input of the Basslink. The Basslink has 4 inputs and the manual didn't explain how to hook up the Basslink if you only have one input.

I didn't use the rear speaker inputs because I was afraid they would have been pre-filtered to the freq range that the rear speakers utilize (ie. filtering out the very low tones.... the bass)

Since this is not the case I assume I should hook up the rear speaker wires to the Basslink input?

Other people have said that the Basslink in the stock location has a ton of bass, equivilent to two tens, etc, etc. Mine sounds like one 8".
Old 08-19-2003, 07:44 AM
cliffart

OK, let me get this straight. You are running the line level output that used to go to the stock sub amp into the Basslink line level input? I just want to make sure the line level output from the head unit isn't going into the speaker level input on the Basslink.

I don't hear any pre-filtering from using the rear speakers as inputs but I think the setup you have should be more clear.....when the bugs are worked out. Could you possibly connect to one rear speaker and test it that way?
Old 08-19-2003, 07:54 AM
Mikestro

hrmm, I didn't realize that the input to the Bose amp was a line level input.... I was running it to a speaker level input of my amp. I guess that is why there was not much bass there.

Last night I switched to the set-up that you are running and there was significantly more bass. Hoever I think there is still some more bass to be found.

The Infiniti manual doesn't mention it, but I am wondering if you can mono-bridge the basslink amp in some manner?

I think part of the problem right now is just the acoustics, subs in hatchbacks always sound better when firing towards tha hatch glass or towards the rear.