Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Just Installed An Infinity Basslink w/my Bose HU

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 08:00 AM
LBkr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Installed An Infinity Basslink w/my Bose HU

A week ago I was looking for help wiring an Infinity Basslink in place of my current (blown) Bose sub amp and Bose sub. I asked a lot on forums and got some info, but I still had questions so I asked a few people in my office. Turns out a guy that works with me as a magazine editor is ALSO a certified technician and helped me figure out EXACTLY which wires to plug in where.

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...w-bose-hu.html

Now my Bose sub and sub amp are gone, replaced with the Infinity Basslink and the bass is AWESOME compared to the old system.

I'm not looking for competition earth-shaking bass, but my mirror and seat sure shake way more than they ever did before and the bottom end is FAR lower.

Where to buy:
I researched and found the Infinity Basslink all over the web for $180-$220 from various mail-order places I've never heard of, and Crutchfield has it for $300. Most places wouldn't take AMEX but I wanted to use AMEX because they double my warranty and there's buyer protection. Then I checked in a new electronics chain here in Florida called "hhgregg" and they had it on CLOSEOUT FOR $149!! and they take AMEX!!! Very cool!

So if you're okay with your Bose HU and you just want better bass and you don't want to give up trunk space (you'd rather use the current sub location) then this unit is the perfect answer!

Oh, and if anyone cares which existing wires you splice to which Basslink connectors, I'd be happy to help there too. Just ask and I'll explain how to wire it.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:44 AM
Ricfutures

Where did you mount the unit? Can you show some pics of the install?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:02 AM
LBkr

It's really no different that the images in this thread (post 7)

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...-location.html

and the original Bose grill fits fine and covers things up so it looks stock.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:09 PM
RN7676

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is as good as any to hijack. :-)

There are lots of Basslink threads but very few with pictures. There is another pic at https://my350z.com/forum/3630902-post7.html.

Attached is a pic of mine.

I've found no instructional writeups on this, probably because the basslink doesn't just easily bolt in and it is somewhat of a custom / personal preference installation. I've read writeups of people laying or strapping it to the floor or using only 2 or 3 of the 4 brackets to hang it. It can be hung from the trunk floor using all 4 basslink brackets. You have to remove the two glovebox brackets that are in the bose subwoofer space to make room. There is a pic of those brackets. I drilled out the bracket spotwelds drilling down from the trunk floor (look and measure carefully and you can hit the right spot welds). They are easy to remove with the spot welds drilled out. They'll be very hard to remove otherwise. I did not use the basslink supplied sheet metal screws. Instead I drilled holes in the trunk floor and used small bolts and nuts. If you are crafty with design and careful with measurements, you can drill holes in the trunk floor (aka bose space ceiling) and the basslink brackets will line up to the holes.

Anyways, it's in there and it's rock solid. It is definitely not going to shift, fall, or rattle loose.

It is connected to a 2003 non bose head unit. I used speaker level inputs from the rear speakers. The rear speakers are still hooked up. My tuning resulted in all the basslink settings turned down way low. I didn't even hook up the remote bass level control. I did not dynomat or seal up the space. I mounted it "face up" so that I could access the controls easier. I used my standard solid cover (not a new bose speaker grill). It is powered direct to the battery with 10G wire and a 20A fuse. It sounds great, you'd never know its even there, and it has more than enough bass for my needs. (I'm not a stereo junky, I just wanted a fuller sound).

And yes, it is a pain in the oss to get it mounted in there. It barely fits. Allow yourself the whole day, be careful, and you can get it mounted in there without tearing up your car or the basslink.
Attached Thumbnails Just Installed An Infinity Basslink w/my Bose HU-1.jpg   Just Installed An Infinity Basslink w/my Bose HU-2.jpg  
Old 10-31-2008, 12:40 PM
bbs350z

who, why is your fuel pump on the opposite side, unless the pic is inverted?
Old 12-24-2008, 08:25 AM
TheOtherRob

This is probably a fat chance, but do you have the wiring diagram for the sub amp wiring? Im looking to spice in a line out converter to use a aftermarket amp and subs and cant find the diagram anywhere.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:56 AM
Dealsgap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LBKr

I'm very intersted. Just sent you a PM.