Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics
View Poll Results: Is the audio quality of your Bose sound system poor?
I do not have the Bose system, I do not know
3.98%
I had my Bose system fixed (AudioPilot) and the sound quality is now as advertised
0.50%
I have the Bose system and the sound is as advertised
1.49%
I have the Bose system and the sound is poor
94.03%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

PETITION for TSB to fix Bose Stereo problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 08:35 AM
bixby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, we're up to 83 as of now. I think posting on the other web sites will help too. Have you tried to post it on Nissan's sponsored site, www.z.com? That would be hilarious!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:09 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2004 models

As a soon-to-be 2004 bose owner I wanted to post some thoughts.

I have a personal anger towards Bose because the 2003 system is SO bad that there is NO WAY that they didn't know it sucked unless all of their quality people are tone deaf. (and if that is true they still suck for using unqualified people).

To me this indicates Bose has a certain indifference or even disdain for their customers. (We will sell them crap and they will gobble it up!) When even a $99 Best Buy stereo sounds better you know they just didn't care to do any better.

This anger is augmented by their lack of action when the problem was presented to them. (form letters not withstanding)

Please keep this petition / action generic. I don't have my 2004 Roadster yet (early October! ) , but if the blose system really does suck (again) I would like to be able to join in on this action.

Also, if the petition does not get any action, perhaps we need to consider a class action lawsuit. Perhaps the very mention of suchs a suit and the subsequent bad PR would get their attention?

Good luck in getting your stereos fixed or replaced! I hope I do not need to join you in October when mine is delivered, but I am not optimistic at this point.

AndyB
Old 09-11-2003, 12:04 PM
6kLaunch

Default Re: 2004 models

Originally posted by AndyB
As a soon-to-be 2004 bose owner I wanted to post some thoughts.

I have a personal anger towards Bose because the 2003 system is SO bad that there is NO WAY that they didn't know it sucked unless all of their quality people are tone deaf. (and if that is true they still suck for using unqualified people).

To me this indicates Bose has a certain indifference or even disdain for their customers. (We will sell them crap and they will gobble it up!) When even a $99 Best Buy stereo sounds better you know they just didn't care to do any better.

This anger is augmented by their lack of action when the problem was presented to them. (form letters not withstanding)

Please keep this petition / action generic. I don't have my 2004 Roadster yet (early October! ) , but if the blose system really does suck (again) I would like to be able to join in on this action.

Also, if the petition does not get any action, perhaps we need to consider a class action lawsuit. Perhaps the very mention of suchs a suit and the subsequent bad PR would get their attention?

Good luck in getting your stereos fixed or replaced! I hope I do not need to join you in October when mine is delivered, but I am not optimistic at this point.

AndyB
It's Nissan who has the responsibility to resolve the system, not Bose. I bought the car from Nissan, Nissan controls the configuration of the cars, Nissan funds the TSB's. Nissan has made the decision not to fix the problem, not BOSE!!!!!!!!! I am sure Bose has a fix to resolve the issue, however Nissan doesn't want to spend the money to fund the fix!
Old 09-11-2003, 02:58 PM
z430hp

Here is an article out of Car and driver magazine (December 2002). You can add this to the supporting material if you think it helps the petition. Read the paragraph that starts "The flaws include"

http://caranddriver.com/article.asp?...&page_number=5
Old 09-11-2003, 03:01 PM
z430hp

Here is what it said in case your link does not work.

The Bose stereo was a huge disappointment, sounding as though its seven speakers were packed with dryer lint. No amount of adjusting could "improve the sound to the level of an AM clock radio,"
Old 09-11-2003, 11:06 PM
swoobyz

Originally posted by z430hp
Here is an article out of Car and driver magazine (December 2002). You can add this to the supporting material if you think it helps the petition. Read the paragraph that starts "The flaws include"

http://caranddriver.com/article.asp?...&page_number=5
Added it.
Excellent!
Thanks!

Pv
Old 09-19-2003, 05:19 PM
sschmuve

How is this going?

^Bump^
Old 09-20-2003, 01:41 AM
swoobyz

Originally posted by sschmuve
How is this going?

^Bump^
I am still holding out until the end of September in hopes of getting some more names.

Pv
Old 09-29-2003, 05:59 PM
DMONTE

I believe this is the last day to sign the petition
Old 09-29-2003, 11:04 PM
swoobyz

Originally posted by DMONTE
I believe this is the last day to sign the petition
I will keep the petition open even after I send the names off to Nissan and Bose.
Who knows, maybe one day we will get 1000+ names!

I will work on the cover letter this weekend, so everyone has until this Friday to get the names up to 200+!

Pv
Old 09-30-2003, 05:36 AM
golfer11

I have been away from home (and my Z) for 6 months and usually without a computer (don't ask but not in jail). Will be returning home tomorrow and will sign the petition (need to get my VIN). Hope it's not too late.
Old 09-30-2003, 05:57 AM
swoobyz

Originally posted by golfer11
I have been away from home (and my Z) for 6 months and usually without a computer (don't ask but not in jail). Will be returning home tomorrow and will sign the petition (need to get my VIN). Hope it's not too late.
Welcome back!

Pv
Old 09-30-2003, 08:07 AM
nlauri

My two cents.I have signed the petition and already spent a boatload of money to fix my Blose system. This Friday the headunit finally gets disconnected and the audio pilot can go get bent. I just drove my sis's Mercedes Kompressor with the premium Bose system and I can't believe the difference between ours and theirs. I agree Nissan just wanted to keep costs down but Bose should never have put their name on this system. I believe they are both responsible for fixing the problem or refunding the upgrade price we paid. I am one of you who ordered car sight unseen and had never been in one to listen to stereo until my money was already down and I was awaiting arrival of mine.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:52 AM
Bud

The Bose system in my Maxima was much better than the one in my Z. Bose has some excellent products I just wish Nissan had used one in the Z. They got an awful lot right with this car and that may be what makes the few problem areas so damn apparent. At the rate I'm going I'll have to build another garage to hold the parts I'm replacing on this car.