Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Few questions about headunits.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 10:48 AM
Aaron.Burks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions about headunits.

Hey guys! I just got a Z. I just have a few questions that hopefully can be answered to my liking so i get what i want haha. First off, is the Z radio slot EXACTLY double din, therefore making any double din radio fit. Also, I am looking at adding a different radio with an AUX IN mode. Something like (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-FO...1%7C240%3A1318). Is it possible to replace nissans factory radio with this fusions? What adapter would I need? I am doing this because I want ipod connectivity but have it more stealth and OEM looking.

Also, is there a way to "split" the aux in, thus having the ability to have two auxillary inputs into the radio. So if i wanted to run my ipod, but wanted to switch to playing Xbox with a screen in the cubby and running the Xbox sound through the speakers. Is that possible? My total goal is to have this look OEM even though its not a Nissan radio. I know this might sound rediculous and maybe it does. I am just brainstorming. Thanks guys.

EDIT: I just realized that the fusions radio has green text so it would look wierd in 350z's interior. Can you add a Bose sterio to a non bose 350. What kind of adapter do you need? And then I could get this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...fAudioQ5fVideo and it seems like problem solved.

Last edited by Aaron.Burks; 06-21-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:49 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Youll need the install kit for the finishing trim ring.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, is there a way to "split" the aux in, thus having the ability to have two auxillary inputs into the radio. So if i wanted to run my ipod, but wanted to switch to playing Xbox with a screen in the cubby and running the Xbox sound through the speakers. Is that possible?
Yes, you need a switch to toggle between the video and audio pair back and forth between the two sources. Look for an A/B switch which you could bury under the seat but within reach. I use an A/B/C switch which was about $10 from some nameless parts vendor to allow me to do some similar switching on my desktop TV to allow me to make dubs of Blu-Ray, DVR, and Hi-8 onto the computer.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Aaron.Burks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay thanks! I've done some more researching! Is it possible to have a Double din headunit screen with gps/dvd etc and xbox on it? I think it depends on the h/u. That is my stage one. My stage two is to buy a spare 06 cubby and mess around with it to try to fit a screen (stupid 06 cubby :/). Then attach xbox to that instead of the headunit. I have found that the bose radio cannot attach to non bose . Is there a way to have a headunit and control it fully without buttons? Thus, I could cover up the brand name and the buttons with a bezel and make it look more factory. Maybe thats just too much work. I should probably just get http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-+AVN52D.html#.

Sorry for the insane number of questions. Im trying to get my research done