Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Double Din Units

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2003, 06:36 AM
ether

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by narkotic
damn..that is simply gorgous. I'd be more interested in one that didn't have the NAV or the harddrives built in. Do you know of eclipse dealers over there that has most of the modles? The main thing i'm curious about is if your able to watch TV and listen to audio from another aux input.
The unit only has one aux channel, but the input cable it uses has separate video and audio inputs (picture attached). From what I can tell, you would be able to provide different video and audio sources.

As far as other models, I from looking at their product line it seems that all the nav capable models (both HD and non HD models) use this input cable, the dvd based models are less expensive. Hope that helps
Attached Thumbnails Double Din Units-products.jpg  
Old 10-13-2003, 06:44 AM
ether

Originally posted by RANDY350Z
Do you have any info on the Alpine INE-W099 double din unit?

I am trying to find out if it has video inputs so i can add the USA NAVIGATION AND DVD CHANGER? Please let me know any info, this is an exclusive Japan piece, just as nice *** the Eclipse model
BTW, sweet head unit!
From looking at the product info, it does not say anything about a video input. You may be able to hack it somehow like the built in Z nav unit has been, but it appears that its not setup for video input from the get go.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:39 AM
narkotic

Right on, it comes with that cable? How much of the unit is in english... I noticed some of your presets are in Japanese, and the manual is it in english only?

Originally posted by ether
The unit only has one aux channel, but the input cable it uses has separate video and audio inputs (picture attached). From what I can tell, you would be able to provide different video and audio sources.

As far as other models, I from looking at their product line it seems that all the nav capable models (both HD and non HD models) use this input cable, the dvd based models are less expensive. Hope that helps
Old 10-13-2003, 08:51 AM
narkotic

Wow that is a nice unit Randy... Looks to be pretty expensive as well... I used to have an alpine deck, it had a few aux inputs i'm sure this one would have it as well. You know any places that would import these? Also do you have any websites that have a collection of cool jap units?

damn..that is simply gorgous. I'd be more interested in one that didn't have the NAV or the harddrives built in. Do you know of eclipse dealers over there that has most of the modles? The main thing i'm curious about is if your able to watch TV and listen to audio from another aux input.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:42 PM
ether

Right on, it comes with that cable? How much of the unit is in english... I noticed some of your presets are in Japanese, and the manual is it in english only?
The cable is sold seprately, it costs about $18. The manual is all in japanese, most of the functions in modes you interact with are in english (except the navi), but the settings screens are mostly japanese, so a bit of trial and error needed there.

If you knew somebody who reads Japanese, I would say it would take less than 10 minutes for them to walk you through the settings screens, they are pretty easy to memorize.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:50 PM
RANDY350Z

Goto www.themeltingpot.com, I got some info on it. cost is around 2200.00 . If you are interested in either unit, email them w/ an inquiry. I am going to wait until my Roadster arrives, plus I want to see what is out for 2004. Eclipse is supposedly comming out w/ a Nav unit like Pioneer's. If you get either unit let me know. i would like to see pics =)