Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Question for those who have taken the door off

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 05:09 AM
My_Tampa_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for those who have taken the door Panel off

Took, my Z to the dealer to address the window streak problem....again. It appears they either damaged the driver's interior door lock or didn't put it back to together correctly. The lock works fine with the remote or interior switch, but when I tried it manually, the toggle type switch is loose and will not lock or unlock the door.

I had a very bad experience at the dealer and would rather not take it back to them. Is there anyone who can tell me if the door pannel has to allign correctly against the interior toggle for it work or do guys thing something is broken?

MODS: I posted here since many of these folks on this forum have taken the doors off to install speakers.

Last edited by My_Tampa_Z; 10-14-2003 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:52 AM
peptidbond

The door lock toggle is not connected or anything to the actual door or door panel. When you take the panel off, you then need to unscrew the door handle from the back of it. This will free the panel from the door handle cabling so that you can completely move it away from the car. The door lock toggle is part of the door handle. It is mounted inside the door handle somehow. Not sure what it would take to fix, but it is certainly not related to the alignment of the door panel to the toggle as they are not related.
Old 10-14-2003, 10:01 AM
Horizon1

the door lock toggle like the handle itself is connected to cables in the back. the reason it might be loose may be that they didnt put the ball in the socket correctly or it may not be in at all. best way to check is take the panel off yourself. its held in by about 3 or 4 screws and the rest are just spikes that u pop back in around the edges.

You can get exact directions on how to get the panel off by going to the STICKY THREADS on top of this forum under "350z HOW TOs"

Good luck
Old 10-14-2003, 01:16 PM
My_Tampa_Z

Thanks guys..appreciate the feedback. I will probably get around to taking the pannel off this weekend....or might just have another dealer look at it during my next oil change since I don't really need to use the manual lock. Just kind of Pisses me off though.