Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

non-bose line-out converters

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 11:35 PM
dchi_t

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default non-bose line-out converters

hey ppl, i have a base model z with the non-bose HU, the problem is...i want to keep my stock HU while installing an amp and other stuff, my main concern is connecting the HU to the amp. i heard i need a device called a line-out converter which converts the wires into rca. does anyone kno which kind to buy and how to do this? and plus, if i decide to install video (DVD or mobile PC) how would i switch the audio output. i mean by, the cd button on the HU plays the cd, the FM plays FM radio, and AM plays AM radio, how do i go about switching to another sound device like a dvd player and/or PC?
Old 10-25-2003, 12:13 AM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have that setup. You can get any kind of line out converter, I don't think it matters as much. If you want to connect another input (DVD, PC, etc..) You'll need a audio switch or use RCA Y-cables to split the inputs to the Amp. If you use the Y-cable method (thats what I did) you will lose treble for your headunit if the other input is on.
Old 10-25-2003, 07:42 AM
dchi_t

hey alphared, do u have a pic or brand of ur line converter? the amp needs a power source which i have no problem with, but doesnt the amp need a remote in? the line converter only converts left audio and right audio correct? do u have pics of ur setup? thx alot
Old 10-25-2003, 01:52 PM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't have any pics of the line out converter. I just used a stinger brand (since I order stinger cables, to save on shipping) Its pretty easy too hook up, just 4 connection (left +, gnd & right +, gnd) theres a main ground on it too, but I didn't connect it (some say that it introduce noise). Some have wires on it, some don't. Some have adjustable input (I just got a fixed one). Not sure where you going to mount your amp, but I mounted mines behind the glove box and used the Cig adapter for my 12v remote (since it was right there) You can use any 12V ACC source, most use the cig adapter one since most install it either in the glove box or sub area.

Heres a pic of one. (its adjustable, but you don't really need it)
Old 07-21-2005, 08:36 PM
03_Track_Z

help! what color wire goes to what when using this setup. I have my dash uninstalled and my LOC has 8 input ports, a + and - for all 4 speakers. What color wire goes to what? Thanks.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....4&page=1&pp=20

80% of the way down page one I put a chart and a picture of the Bose color codes - they might just match the non-Bose ones. I can imagine Nissan using different colors though.

In a pinch use a 9V battery to find the speakers. When you get the positive to the positive and the negative to the negative the speaker cone will pop out toward you.