Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Pioneer AVH-P3100 install questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 06:29 PM
06Roadster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer AVH-P3100 install questions

I'm a newbe here and have searched some of the threads involving the Pioneer AVH-p3100DVD in a 350Z, but have some questions. I'm currently having one installed in an 06' 350Z with the add on bluetooth.

One thing I have noticed is everyone had the metra dash kit fit snug in there dash, did you have to do any cutting of the kit or dash to get it fit perfectly? Currently the kit looks a little big with some slight bowing on the top part of the kit.

Secondly, I now have to go back over everything cause now reception is next to nothing now. Has anyone had a problem with this? The antenna connection was a snug fit, and dunno if the bluetooth add on might have something to do with this or not or maybe a poss. ground problem?
I'm almost 99% percent sure this isn't a bad radio considering I had this radio installed in another vehicle prior to this installation.

Any help is appreciated
Old 02-24-2010, 07:45 PM
03LeMans350zed

The only thing you have to cut on the Metra kit is the middle bar on the double din install kit that is it.

The bowing happened on the top happened on mine too. What I did was loosen up the side bolts for the cd/dvd player and then installed the Metra kit. This way it had some play. Then I tightened the side bolts and bowing was gone.

As far as the radio reception I wouldn't be able to answer because I really don't listen to the radio. Maybe change out the antenna to an Honda S2k antenna or some better antenna.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:09 PM
islandsnow

Default active antenna wire

What type of harness did you use, the standard metra style? If so, both the large connector and smaller connector have a blue and black wire. both Blues should be connected to the blue wire (amp/on) wire from the head unit. This will turn the active antenna and the bose amp on. Both of the blacks should be grounded. I just installed the same head unit and get great reception with the stock antenna and with the added HD radio unit. I used the scosche double din adapter, was cheap and works fine.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:54 AM
06Roadster

As far as the kit goes, the bowing I'm experiencing is dealing with the kit mounted to the dash. I get it so it looks good but when the radio is install and the dash put back into place I get the bowing to occur.

I did use the metra harness, but wasn't aware that there was a factory amp let alone the antenna is connected through that. That should be no problem to do.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:00 AM
04silvrz

this was a CAKE install, took me less than an hour....
Old 02-25-2010, 04:27 PM
06Roadster

Thanks for the help guys. There was a power wire for the antenna which I didn't know
about, so I got the radio reception fixed. Can now get WWL in Houston. For those that don't know it is a new Orleans am station.

The metra dash kit I'm not impresses with. It doesn't fit right. I'll have to look for another one.

Also on another note, for all that have the Bluetooth add on you need to have the parking brake wire connected in order to use the full Bluetooth capabilities, or at least bypass it. That is something not in the manuals and got that one from pioneers customer support. Horrible, that you can't use voice commands unless the parking brake is up. Oh well a bypass is in the making.

Thanks again