Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

inexpensive carputer install

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 03:26 AM
duro78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inexpensive carputer install

I've been looking at this unit for awhile and finally ordered an 03 cubby for my
04 so I was interested if anyone had any experience or saw a reason why it wouldnt work. Its a 7 inch just like the farenheit lcd unit without all the bulky material casing and for a few dollars more the capabilities far out way just a regular lcd screen. With my avic D3 the cd based gps is just a hassle. The unit wont be a full carputer but has the same O.S(windows ce) as say an iphone. My concern would be it has a button style power button not a switch so I would
be hard wiring to either my h/u power source or run a cigarette lighter back there. My concern is would it turn it self back on once I turn back on the ignition or would the switch need to be hit. The unit is actually on ebay for $169 shipped but shipping could be 8-25 days but the unit has good reviews. Just wandering the thoughts of other members.i found this from another member installing the smaller unit but that one doesnt fit flush. Ok the seller just responded and said the button would have to be hit again once the ignition is powered off anyone no how to bypass that

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26367

Last edited by duro78; 03-31-2010 at 03:35 AM.