Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Does the Z have a "Diversity Antenna"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 11:58 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Does the Z have a "Diversity Antenna"?

While looking for stereo upgrade parts I keep seeing adapters for the "Nissan Diversity Antenna".

Does the Z have that?

WHat the HELL is a diveristy antenna? Some for of political correctness run horribly amuck?
Old 11-07-2003, 01:18 PM
Natal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Does the Z have a "Diversity Antenna"?

Originally posted by AndyB
While looking for stereo upgrade parts I keep seeing adapters for the "Nissan Diversity Antenna".

Does the Z have that?

WHat the HELL is a diveristy antenna? Some for of political correctness run horribly amuck?
I don't think our single FM antenna is a diversity antenna. Some applications like the Pioneer or AVelectronic TV tuner use this type of system.

A diversity antenna system uses two antennas mounted at different locations on the vehicle and automatically chooses one that provides the better FM radio signal. This is done to minimize static or weak audio signals due to obstructions.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:46 PM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default thanks

Thanks.

The scosche nissan radio adapters all say "nissan diversity antenna". Does this mean it will only work with a diversity style antenna? Or does it mean it will work with either type?
Old 11-08-2003, 01:58 PM
BigTymer8301

Nissan has pretty much stopped using diversity antennas (I'm 95% sure but dont hold me to it). This definition is correct:

A diversity antenna system uses two antennas mounted at different locations on the vehicle and automatically chooses one that provides the better FM radio signal. This is done to minimize static or weak audio signals due to obstructions.

And diversity antennas are a circular plug about the size of a quarter that have two small pins inside them. The plug is similar to a sirius satellite radio plug.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:39 PM
narkotic

I'm pretty sure my G35 still uses a diversity attenna, built inside the rear window.