Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Bluetooth microphone sensitivty

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 09:49 AM
Mouse_Pad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth microphone sensitivty

I've got a new (used) 2008 350Z with built-in Bluetooth (as well as the Bose premium sound system and navigation system). People tell me they can barely hear me on the Bluetooth. When the system plays back my recorded voice, the volume is very low.

Is there a way to increase the microphone sensitivity? I've seen vague references to a setting in the nav system, but I can't find it.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:05 AM
dmroberson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try turning the volume up. In a lot of systems, the speaker volume and mic volume go hand-in-hand.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:02 AM
Mouse_Pad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spoke to a Nissan rep about the problem and was told that the mic sensitivity can't be changed. He suggested that I try another phone and see if it's better, because it might just be the iPhone. If the problem persists with another phone, it could be that the mic needs to be replaced.

I'm planning on buying a new stereo for the car in a few months. I know that some stereos have an optional Bluetooth module. Is the Bluetooth module in the 350Z a part of the stereo (Bose premium sound system, I have), or is it a separate module that can be plugged into any stereo? If it's an integral part of the Bose stereo, I'll be replacing it anyway, so I'll just live with it until then. If it's separate, then I need to keep trying to resolve the problem.