Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Audio install ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:18 PM
NismoZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio install ?

Doing an audio install and was wondering if this will work out an be safe the total amount of rms watts that my system will have is 700 Watts. I know my alternator is rated at 110 ampres. I will do the big three upgrade and right now my battery is half a year old a duralast gold yellow top. I was wondering if this is alot of watts for my alternator will this system run safe i have heard alot of different opinions and just need to hear some more plus some of you guys might have done this already or are pushing more watts than i am an have afew tips any help will be helpfull thanks for your time
Old 01-03-2011, 01:09 PM
cbr900son

Im running about double that on the same battery and doing fine.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:29 PM
DBTre50z

Well i have seen plenty of thousand watt systems on stock electrical run perfectly fine. I heard from someone that your stock alt. will start to go around 1500 watts but i cant confirm this. I run a 500 watt system on all stock electrical so you should be set to go Just curious if your set on any equipment yet?
Old 01-03-2011, 06:00 PM
NismoZZ

Default capacitor

Originally Posted by DBTre50z
Well i have seen plenty of thousand watt systems on stock electrical run perfectly fine. I heard from someone that your stock alt. will start to go around 1500 watts but i cant confirm this. I run a 500 watt system on all stock electrical so you should be set to go Just curious if your set on any equipment yet?
YEs i actually already bought everything i went with all pioneer component pioneer speakers 4 channel amp 10inch subwoofer and mono amp for the sub.

Just one more question guys im also buying a capacitor and was thinking of buying a 2 farad capacitor is this ok for a 700watt system or should i get higher rated or lower
Old 01-03-2011, 09:09 PM
orgasm_donor

Don't bother with a capacitor. It is merely a band-aid that will not provide any long term electrical solutions for your car. At 700 watts, you don't need to run any capacitors at all.

At 3000 watts RMS, I have one of the bigger systems here. I run 1/0 front to back, upgraded grounds to 1/0 and my alternator wire is also 1/0. I am also running a Kinetik HC1800 battery which will be better than any capacitor and will be an efficient way to provide years of safe power to my car's system. Do it right, do it once.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:21 PM
DBTre50z

Originally Posted by orgasm_donor
Don't bother with a capacitor. It is merely a band-aid that will not provide any long term electrical solutions for your car. At 700 watts, you don't need to run any capacitors at all.

At 3000 watts RMS, I have one of the bigger systems here. I run 1/0 front to back, upgraded grounds to 1/0 and my alternator wire is also 1/0. I am also running a Kinetik HC1800 battery which will be better than any capacitor and will be an efficient way to provide years of safe power to my car's system. Do it right, do it once.
sorry for being OT but your running a stock alt. with the big 3 and a battery? No H/O alt?
Old 01-04-2011, 07:22 PM
orgasm_donor

sorry for being OT but your running a stock alt. with the big 3 and a battery? No H/O alt?
Correct. Stock alternator.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:47 PM
DBTre50z

Wow this is very interesting, i thought a h/o was almost necessary for that wattage. You my friend just completely changed my mind on what equipment i will be upgrading with Sorry bout the thread jack. Back to topic
Old 01-05-2011, 05:26 AM
Bomb0314

H/O alt?

<<< noob here
Old 01-05-2011, 06:38 AM
DBTre50z

High Output Alternator. For the Z they typically produce about double the amps of the stock alternators, giving you more power.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:15 AM
NismoZZ

High Output Alternator. For the Z they typically produce about double the amps of the stock alternators, giving you more power.
another question has anyone on here put their amps under the seats of the passenger side and drivers side in the Z. And is it a bad thing if the amp is not on a flat surface could it cause malfunction
Old 01-05-2011, 04:08 PM
DBTre50z

Originally Posted by NismoZZ
another question has anyone on here put their amps under the seats of the passenger side and drivers side in the Z. And is it a bad thing if the amp is not on a flat surface could it cause malfunction
When i wrote "amps" i was actually referring to the amount of current being produced by the high output alternator as apposed to the stock alternator, not the amplifier.

I actually think there is enough room to mount one amplifier underneath the passenger seat. The important thing is that the cooling fins or vents or what have you are not being pushed up against the carpet and is able to get sufficient airflow. Im not so sure about the drivers side if there is enough room to mount one. Another good location would be in one of the compartments behind the seats. The passenger side is already set up pretty much to add an amp and the drivers side compartment if you do/did not have a bose system is easily used by removing the metal sub woofer bracket and installing some sort of an amplifier rack to secure your equipment. That could be as simple has mounting your amp to a piece of wood and placing it inside.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:09 AM
NismoZZ

Default help help

When i wrote "amps" i was actually referring to the amount of current being produced by the high output alternator as apposed to the stock alternator, not the amplifier.

I actually think there is enough room to mount one amplifier underneath the passenger seat. The important thing is that the cooling fins or vents or what have you are not being pushed up against the carpet and is able to get sufficient airflow. Im not so sure about the drivers side if there is enough room to mount one. Another good location would be in one of the compartments behind the seats. The passenger side is already set up pretty much to add an amp and the drivers side compartment if you do/did not have a bose system is easily used by removing the metal sub woofer bracket and installing some sort of an amplifier rack to secure your equipment. That could be as simple has mounting your amp to a piece of wood and placing it inside.

Thanks for all the help guys another question this is not a huge problem but it just bothers me i finished my install yesterday and there is static noise coming from the speakers when say i pause the cd or ipod its not loud but if i pause and turn up the volume it gets louder but when the music plays you can't hear it at all. Maybe you can hear it a little bit when like the intro of a song is about to start and there is some talking going on no music yet. My ground wire is not 100% oxygen from wire its that silver twin type wire its 1/0 gauge and its making contact to bare metal. I grounded it to the passenger side frame about one inch away from the seat belt bolt there was already a hole there so thats why i just used it. I would be okay with drilling a new hole on the bottom of the floor if it would make this noise go away. Please help its just bothering me
Old 01-06-2011, 08:24 AM
orgasm_donor

Originally Posted by NismoZZ
Thanks for all the help guys another question this is not a huge problem but it just bothers me i finished my install yesterday and there is static noise coming from the speakers when say i pause the cd or ipod its not loud but if i pause and turn up the volume it gets louder but when the music plays you can't hear it at all. Maybe you can hear it a little bit when like the intro of a song is about to start and there is some talking going on no music yet. My ground wire is not 100% oxygen from wire its that silver twin type wire its 1/0 gauge and its making contact to bare metal. I grounded it to the passenger side frame about one inch away from the seat belt bolt there was already a hole there so thats why i just used it. I would be okay with drilling a new hole on the bottom of the floor if it would make this noise go away. Please help its just bothering me
You may be overgained at the amp. Adjust the gains down slightly to rectify this problem.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:31 AM
350zspl
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

with that type power factory alt is fine , factory battery is fine

use power wire as large as the amps accept

and do the big 3 in 0 awg

you will be fine

i run roughly 4000 watts at the moment , but change all the time , i use a 200 amp alternator , big 3 in 0 awg , Stinger battery over stock , 6 runs of 0 awg power front to back