Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Stock speaker wire routing and line conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Dominyon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock speaker wire routing and line conversion

Let me start by saying I am (for now) keeping the stock 2004 non-blose HU in my audio upgrade for stealth purposes. I am adding front comps and a sub to a 4-channel amp I plan to put in the glove box area. My amp came with speaker level to RCA converters, really they are just RCA wires with a stripped end to splice into speaker wire.

I was planning to use the rear channel for the signal to my sub. I have a inline universal bass remote I want to install into the center console. Where in the vehicle are the stock wires routed to the rear speakers? Up the middle or one of the sides?

I am unsure at this point how to get the signal for the comps. Is a line-out converter probably the best/easiest way? In that case should I use a 4 channel and do both front and rear instead of splicing into the rear signal further back in the body? If I upgraded to a new HU with pre-outs I was thinking this could be convenient as I would already have runs of RCA cables to the HU area.

If anybody has any thoughts/suggestions/ideas on how to route my signals I'd appreciate it.

If anybody has any thoughts on how to
Old 01-07-2011, 06:04 AM
350Z_Al

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Since you're doing ALL four speakers, the easiest place to connect to the speaker wiring for the signal to the amp would be right behind the factory deck. Everything is there, all in one place for you. Then just run your RCA's to the amp from there.

No point going to 3 or 4 different locations to achieve the same thing... Unless you like making more work for yourself.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:52 PM
orgasm_donor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Agreed.

To avoid having to use the bass **** though, why don't you just NOT hook up the rear speakers and use the signal as an input to the sub amp channels? That way you don't have to put an ugly bass **** in and just use the fader from the deck to turn the sub up and down.

Rear speakers are useless in the Z.