Rear speakers rubbing against panel

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 PM
MikeBit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear speakers rubbing against panel

Hi guys I did a search and found this thread:

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-v...aker-help.html

This is basically the same problem I'm having right now. I started a thread a while ago informing the Z community that I have rattles despite the fact that I've got dynamat all over my doors and a truck kit installed. I figured out that on the doors, it was my spacers. The stupid shop that did the work installed PLASTIC spacers of all freaking things which were rattling hard. So I got myself a zenclosure door spacer and now the rattling inside the doors have been eliminated.

But now that the rattling in the doors is gone, it has allowed me to diagnose the rattling coming from my rear despite the whole area being dynamatted. The speakers are rubbing against the panel where they are housed. Even with low bass, or none at all, with certain frequencies I can hear them hitting the panel causing the rattling noise. If I can fix this I'm 100% sure I'll have no more rattles.

That thread is from 2008 and I tried PMing the OP, got no word from him since. I was wondering if anyone can shed more light on this.... has anyone else had this happen to them? I have Infinity Kappa 629's mounted back there. I'll take a picture of them as soon as I can and post them up. My brother suggested sticking paper in between the cone and the panel (he did that on his integra and it worked flawlessly lmao), but that's ghetto!

Another thing is that the clips that hold down that whole section are REALLY stuck since the whole thing is dynamatted. Taking it apart again is going to be a royal PITA!!!!!!!!!!