Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

07 base. Adding steering wheel audio controls

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:11 PM
okstate707

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 07 base. Adding steering wheel audio controls

Ok I've already put the controls on the steering wheel for my 2007 base model and I'm trying to hook up a axxess aswc kit so that I can use the controls for my pioneer avic z110bt. But I cannot find the wires that they are talking about of their website. Does anyone know where they are and what colors they are?

I looked up a diff thread on here and it said they're on a harness that you don't use to connect to an aftermarket head unit. But I can only see the 2 harnesses that you do use for the new HU. Is there supposed to be a 3rd one?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Old 02-23-2012, 08:23 PM
jakyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the following module with my 03 350z and a AVIC-710bt.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=29

It worked great and I was able to program the volume up/down, channel/track up/down as well as holding channel up/down to seek next channel up/down. The extra buttons I mapped to answering/hanging up phone calls

Ome weird thing was that I only had to attach 2 wires (with resistors) and a ground, though the module had 10-15 wires coming off it.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:06 PM
okstate707

Ok, so I finally found the wires, but after getting them all plugged back in and getting the module synced up, only the Mode, Volume Up, and Seek Up buttons work... I have no clue whats wrong, I checked the connections of all the wires and theyre solid.

Any clues?
Old 02-24-2012, 07:45 AM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

I'd really appreciate posting which wires need to be attached. I am about to give this a try.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:35 AM
jakyle

The only thing I can think of is that your ground may not be as clean as it could be. I attached mine to a separate mount point (drilled by the drivers side foot well near the BCM.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:39 AM
okstate707

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
I'd really appreciate posting which wires need to be attached. I am about to give this a try.
Sorry I didnt receive a notification about any responses to this thread.

But behind the stereo, there will be a harness that looks like the one in this pdf if you have the non bose stereo:
http://contentdocs.installernet.com/...icle/10977.pdf

if you have a Bose stereo, I think it looks like this:
http://contentdocs.installernet.com/...icle/10985.pdf

But the harness was mainly brown and you dont use it when youre connecting your new HU up so itll just be hanging freely. And it only has 3 wires coming out of the back of it (red/green, orange, and yellow/white if I remember correctly).

If youre using the Axxess ASWC module, you connect the red wire to the ACC wire on your new HU, black to ground, grey/red wire to red/green wire on the harness, white/green wire to orange wire on the harness, then the yellow/white wire on the harness to ground.

Hopefully that helps out

oh and e30cabrio, Im working on putting cruise into my Base now, hopefully it all goes smoothly
The following 2 users liked this post by okstate707:
BryanH (01-07-2017), rcdawgs (06-29-2019)
Old 02-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Houston Z33

Originally Posted by okstate707
Im working on putting cruise into my Base now, hopefully it all goes smoothly
You gotta let us know how it goes...I've read that adding the ECU from on with Cruise works cause it's all Digital but, I've heard it will NEVER work for that same reason.

I would *LOVE* to turn my Base into a Quasi Enthusiast as well.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:15 PM
e30cabrio
350Z-holic

Received 2,578 Likes on 2,037 Posts

Originally Posted by okstate707
Sorry I didnt receive a notification about any responses to this thread.

But behind the stereo, there will be a harness that looks like the one in this pdf if you have the non bose stereo:
http://contentdocs.installernet.com/...icle/10977.pdf

if you have a Bose stereo, I think it looks like this:
http://contentdocs.installernet.com/...icle/10985.pdf

But the harness was mainly brown and you dont use it when youre connecting your new HU up so itll just be hanging freely. And it only has 3 wires coming out of the back of it (red/green, orange, and yellow/white if I remember correctly).

If youre using the Axxess ASWC module, you connect the red wire to the ACC wire on your new HU, black to ground, grey/red wire to red/green wire on the harness, white/green wire to orange wire on the harness, then the yellow/white wire on the harness to ground.

Hopefully that helps out

oh and e30cabrio, Im working on putting cruise into my Base now, hopefully it all goes smoothly
I got the PAC SWI JACK.

I am waiting for a cluster to allow me to install gauges in my cubby then I'll tear into my center console.

Thanks for the input.

I have cruise on my base as do several others.

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...market-bs.html

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...oem-parts.html
Old 03-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Houston Z33

Originally Posted by e30cabrio
I got the PAC SWI JACK.

I am waiting for a cluster to allow me to install gauges in my cubby then I'll tear into my center console.

Thanks for the input.

I have cruise on my base as do several others.

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...market-bs.html

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...oem-parts.html
Thank You, Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You,Thank You!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:17 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

I have a 2008 Touring and the Axxess ASWC was the biggest pain in the a$$ to install. It wouldn't work with the Bluetooth controller on the steering wheel, and the wire harness Axxess assured me (over and over and over) was the one to splice into turned out to be dead. Everything went back to the BLOSE controller in the back of the car. I had to buy a controller without the Bluetooth buttons, pull the steering wheel, swap the controllers, run new wires from the back end of the clock spring and run those to the ASWC to get it to work. It took the better part of a weekend to get it to work right. I called Axxess to tell them that their tech support didn't know what the hell they were talking about and were a huge waste of my time and their response was basically, "oh well." They still give out the same bad info on their website.

I'm sincerely glad it was easier for you.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:03 PM
aliz350

I gave up call axxess they don't know nothing keep reading same instruction paper which I already have in my hand then try to blame my car that my steering wheel control have problem.axxess technical support are very unprofessional amateur.

Last edited by aliz350; 05-05-2013 at 07:08 PM.