Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Help Bypassing Motorized Navigation Amp

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 11:54 AM
1998yellowstang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Bypassing Motorized Navigation Amp

Ive wrapping up my project and have some loose ends to tie up. I have a 2004 350Z Touring. I recently replaced the broken navigation lid with a 2003 manual lid as I didnt want to spend $400 on a new motorized one. My problem is that I dont have the old lid closer amp, therefore, the navigation does not turn on. I would like to bypass this completely and wire the navigation to turn on when the ignition is on. After reviewing the schematics, it appears the only output signal the closer lid amp sends is 5 volts to the main navigation unit in the rear of the car. I was hoping I could jump this signal from another "ignition on" wire in the back of the car directly to the input signal to the main navigation unit. The problem is finding a wire that has 5 volts that is hot when the ignition is on. It appears I would need a voltage transformer to achieve the 5 volts the manual calls for.

Does the navigation closer amp provide power, ground or signal that other systems of the car require? Is there an easier way to bypass the lid closer amp that I'm missing? Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-19-2017, 03:19 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Figure out what kind of amperage you need to turn on the nav unit and then get the appropriate 12 volt to 5 volt stepdown converter and piggyback that into a 12 volt source in the fuse box with a BUSS Add-A-Fuse adapter.