Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Window Roll up with OEM remote

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 10:32 PM
dbsinc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add me to the list, sounds great.

Add me to the list, sounds great.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Phatmitzu

Originally posted by jreiter
Fantastic....
1. remote window up
2. speed controlled auto door lock (~10 mph?)
3. auto door unlock when ignition turns off...
Ditto
Old 02-24-2004, 10:35 PM
AmyCroft

Smile Duh

Originally posted by zPilott
While you are working on this, I had a question. I am working on an in car pc, and I would like it to power on when I unlock the car with the remote, and keep it on until I power it off by locking with the remote. Some of the guys on the forum selling Car PC's didn't seem too interested in the idea, but I want the machine up an running by the time I start my car. I plan to use some sort of UPS or maybe just convert my old laptop, so I am not worried about running down the battery.
How about the power - Have a fun time..
Old 02-25-2004, 02:42 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by onecoolee

I, too, would like configurable (jumpered ?) options.
Hehe, I guess I should tell you a little about myself. I'm 24, have a 4 year electronics degree, and have no idea what a jumper is or how to use one. However, I do know a thing or do about software selectable programming features, and I think I read somewhere that software selectable programming made jumpers disapear......

Basically, after you turn the ignition on if you press the 'lock' button three times within 5 seconds it will disable auto locking/unlocking, and if you do it again it will enable it. No need to take anything apart!!!
Old 02-25-2004, 04:19 AM
onecoolee

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

cool ! I am more of a hardware/signal integrity guy (ie the jumper mentioned in my psot)... and not really into the programming side of things. If its configurable by the remote, ALL THE BETTER ! It sounds like you spent alot of time working out the details on this project and it defintely sounds like a worthwhile upgrade... I am in !
Old 02-25-2004, 05:41 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by onecoolee
It sounds like you spent alot of time working out the details on this project and it defintely sounds like a worthwhile upgrade... I am in !
I have spent a lot of hours on this project. From writing the original code, to designing and laying out the hardware, to building it, installing it, and then working out the bugs. The first time I saw my windows go up by themselves though it was all well worth the time!!!

Kevin
Old 02-25-2004, 11:37 AM
JawKnee

Originally posted by Natal
...BTW, also let us know if you ever get time to fiddle around with the "Automatic Parking Side Mirror Dipper", which tilts the exterior passenger mirror when in reverse.
For me personally, this is #1. I really miss this feature of my E46s
Old 02-25-2004, 02:33 PM
HokieZ

Add another to the list.
Old 02-25-2004, 06:16 PM
MacGuru

I'm defintely in on this. Nice work. -m
Old 02-25-2004, 06:38 PM
KPierson
Banned

I'm still looking for a 'test' Z in the Dayton area. Columbus or Indianapolis cars might work also if anyone in either place is interested. PM ASAP if you are interested!!!

Thanks,
Kevin
Old 02-25-2004, 07:01 PM
ousig

This would be a great feature to add if it is not to difficult to install. The ability to roll down your windows with the remote is a cool trick when you are showing your car to someone, but other than that I find it useless. I hope this project turns out good and works well.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:09 PM
Abomination

Originally posted by ousig
This would be a great feature to add if it is not to difficult to install. The ability to roll down your windows with the remote is a cool trick when you are showing your car to someone, but other than that I find it useless. I hope this project turns out good and works well.
Heh in Las Vegas you might not find it so useless. If it is 125 F here, then its 150 inside the car, being able to roll down the windows 5 minutes before you go outside would help dramaticly. Now the factory equips this option, but no way to roll it back up later on (or if it starts to rain ect..)
Old 02-26-2004, 09:41 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally posted by KPierson
I'm still looking for a 'test' Z in the Dayton area. Columbus or Indianapolis cars might work also if anyone in either place is interested. PM ASAP if you are interested!!!

Thanks,
Kevin
Kevin:

Try posting your request in the regional forums. Most members are probably not reading this specific forum and aren't seeing your request.
Old 02-26-2004, 01:46 PM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by DavesZ#3
Kevin:

Try posting your request in the regional forums. Most members are probably not reading this specific forum and aren't seeing your request.
I have a post in the regional section, but no one is helping there either. I'm sure sooner or later someone will volunteer or I'll run into someone. I am also considering going to the local Nissan dealership because I am sure they have a few Zs and would probably know some customers interested in this mod.

Thanks for your help!

Kevin
Old 02-26-2004, 08:03 PM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by zPilott
I would like it to power on when I unlock the car with the remote, and keep it on until I power it off by locking with the remote.
What I would try:

When you push the button on your keyless remote the unlock signal is decoded by the BCM. The BCM then outputs a signal to the door lock motor. You can attach a pulse time to this 12volt locking output. Have the pulse timer set to about 5 minutes and use it to power up your PC. Once the ignition is turned on have the Ignition power keep your PC on. This way, if you accidently turn it on it will only stay on for 5 minutes. Also, this way you can set the unlock pulse (just like the lock pulse) to ONLY shut the PC off when the ignition is turned off. Just my thoughts....
Old 02-27-2004, 12:03 AM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

do you think u can make it so when u roll the windows down the radio will turn on and then it will turn off after u roll th windows up? i would like that feature very much
Old 02-27-2004, 02:41 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by XBS
do you think u can make it so when u roll the windows down the radio will turn on and then it will turn off after u roll th windows up? i would like that feature very much
That would be very difficult to do, and will not be included as a feature. One thing to keep in mind is that the car already has certain signals in it. With that being said, it would not be that difficult to take your Z to a local stereo shop were any experianced installer would be able to make that happen. Basically, its the exact same thing as the PC, but, instead you would turn on the ignition of the car.

Kevin
Old 02-27-2004, 03:21 AM
iklim

well..
u can roll windows up/down with OEM remote.
hold on the buttons and the roll up/down.
holding lock button rolls up, unlock button rolls down.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:28 AM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just being the devil's advocate here, but how is this different than a cheap aftermarker alarm? Well besides keeping the stock remote. Ebay has $30 alarms that locks/unlocks doors/trunk. Windows up/down. and other components are under $10 each. ie shock sensors, perimeter sensors, glass sensors, etc..
Old 02-27-2004, 04:59 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally posted by alphared
Just being the devil's advocate here, but how is this different than a cheap aftermarker alarm? Well besides keeping the stock remote. Ebay has $30 alarms that locks/unlocks doors/trunk. Windows up/down. and other components are under $10 each. ie shock sensors, perimeter sensors, glass sensors, etc..
Yes, you could do that.

The whole point of this project is to add features to the current factory alarm, without having to run any wires from inside the car to inside the door. I'm not sure about the Zs, but the G35 has molex plugs in between the door and car, so you have to either run the wires outside of the factory wireing or cut through the plastic plugs. Niether are good options in my oppinion. This whole project will mount inside the door and be self contained there. No need for wires. Also, I would not, and do not recomend, buying any 'cheap' alarms or other electronic components for these cars. I spend over $40,000 on my G. I am not going to try to save a few bucks by buying an off brand alarm. Stick to the established brands for reliablity, range, performance, and features. Most 'cheap' alarms come with $2 transmitters that look cheap and are very fragile. Where as I've had DEI remotes that last for 3 years. Just my oppinions I guess...

Quick Reply: Window Roll up with OEM remote