Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

What center channel speaker can I get that..

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 04:47 PM
supirio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What center channel speaker can I get that..

My head unit has a 50x1 amp in it for a center channel, I have found center channel speakers that would fit in a DIN however they are all amplified, I want use the headunit amp to power a speaker, I'm assuming it can be any speaker, its 23 watts rms output I am just looking for a speaker that I might be able to fit into a DIN for center channel.. will a 1.50" tweeter do or would that be too high and not sound right for voices? Anyone have experience with this? thanks
Old 03-03-2004, 06:45 PM
the O.Z.

Default Re: What center channel speaker can I get that..

Originally posted by supirio
My head unit has a 50x1 amp in it for a center channel, I have found center channel speakers that would fit in a DIN however they are all amplified, I want use the headunit amp to power a speaker, I'm assuming it can be any speaker, its 23 watts rms output I am just looking for a speaker that I might be able to fit into a DIN for center channel.. will a 1.50" tweeter do or would that be too high and not sound right for voices? Anyone have experience with this? thanks
I would think that would be terrible for reproducing voices. I would think that most of those amplified center channel speakers would either have a way to bypass the amp... or they would accept speaker level inputs. I'm not sure though
Old 03-03-2004, 07:54 PM
BoostTed

here is my setup, center channel is where the box used to be.
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=63032
Old 03-04-2004, 03:57 PM
MSGarrett1

You're probably going to have to go custom. If you can find this:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/pr...productId=2524

I want to say it was a 1/2 DIN center channel . . . it's designed for use with a kenwood amp, but who says you must?

Check out this link: it shows a picture of it:

http://www.altavista.com/r?ck_sm=738...nExc_Broch.pdf

Last edited by MSGarrett1; 03-04-2004 at 04:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:32 AM
supirio

Originally posted by MSGarrett1
I want to say it was a 1/2 DIN center channel . . . it's designed for use with a kenwood amp, but who says you must?
I found a picture of it installed in a 2001 civic from doing a search on KSC-700CCS on google, it looks to be the same size as the 'self-amplified' version, so its dimensions would just barely fit in a din size opening, I would put it behind the bottom of my double din metra kit if it worked like I think/hope it will, problem is I don't see any places having it readily available online, it retails 150 so people can probably get it for 120ish shipped.. well thanks for your help, I'm going to keep my eye open for it if anyone knows where to pick one of these up or has any experience with it, let me know thanks