Old 03-06-2004, 06:47 AM
adidaskobe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

screen out with **** in park and neutral
Attached Thumbnails Kenwood DVD double DIN installed pic-picture-040.jpg  
Old 03-06-2004, 06:50 AM
adidaskobe

As far as the screen it sits out approximately 3/4 cm from the trim plate. I asked them if it could be fitted deeper but they said no, this was when it was touching the push button on shift **** when out. I am no expert on this but it seems that if front of screen was flush with trim plate, there might be an issue when the screen folds out with the bottom hitting the trim plate.
Attached Thumbnails Kenwood DVD double DIN installed pic-picture-041.jpg  
Old 03-06-2004, 06:53 AM
n8vz

Does the screen cause the same problem fitment problem with manual transmission too?
Old 03-06-2004, 07:28 AM
adidaskobe

I'm guessing it doesn't. The only problem with the auto is that its so far forward in park. Also push button sticking forward in my 04 roadster.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:10 AM
zpylot

You mentioned you don't like the trim plate and neither do I. That would be a deal breaker for me. Does the trim plate that comes with the Metra kit not really fit?
Old 03-06-2004, 08:16 AM
adidaskobe

They said it didn't fit right. As far as trim plate, that was the only abs plastic they had. To be honest, i would prefer a flat black trim so i'll either do that. One suggestion was to add some vinyl on top of it. Also wondering how something like the brushed aluminum would look. For me, the trim plate is a secondary issue that can be easily addressed depending on how much time to put into it.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:34 AM
zpylot

Do you have it? I wonder if it could be made to fit. I don't have any experience making those kinds of trim plates, I would not know where to start. So that is why it's kind of a big deal to me.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:46 AM
adidaskobe

Yes, I still have the piece. I tried to push it in myself after the head unit was in. Seemed too tight. As far as if it can be modified, i'm not sure. Anyone with advice on this?
Old 03-06-2004, 08:50 AM
ZZtopp

I'm really not that thrilled with the fit and look of the unit....very small control *****. I do want a hard drive with storage for a large library of music, so I think I'll go with an Alpine video system with a connection for a 40GB IPOD.....see link below.

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publi...icle_650.shtml

Old 03-06-2004, 10:21 AM
shaun03z

didnt the unit come with a trip plate,if soo did it fit, i ordered mine and should arrive on monday. hows the pic quality when it plays dvd.
Old 03-06-2004, 01:25 PM
adidaskobe

shaun

yes, does come with plate but doesn't fit well at least not for me.
This is my 1st DVD system so anything is pretty good. I would have to take a look at the alpine d900 1st to give you a better idea.

Anyone add a TV tuner before?
Old 03-08-2004, 01:14 PM
the O.Z.

Originally posted by adidaskobe
shaun

yes, does come with plate but doesn't fit well at least not for me.
This is my 1st DVD system so anything is pretty good. I would have to take a look at the alpine d900 1st to give you a better idea.

Anyone add a TV tuner before?
Got any info on this unit as it relates to the Music Keg yet?
Old 03-08-2004, 01:46 PM
adidaskobe

Got the music keg installed on Sat. Went with the 910 or 20 gig.
I've spent all yesterday copying my CDs. Tested it out briefly today. The way the system works with the DVD double din is: main menu with tuner, video, cd changer, etc. You push Cd changer which gives you option of selecting CD changer or MP3 player. What comes next is a series of folders which i organized into music genres. Then I have the next set of folders organized into artists, then their CDs.

I must say i'm brand new to downloading music and even burning cds so bear with me or if you have any suggestions. I put the music keg velcroed down in the compartment behind passenger seat in the 350z roadster, takes up 1/2 of the space. So far so good, loads up pretty fast, displays album, track name, artist on the screen. Haven't really tried using the remote for this yet so i'll let you know how that goes. Overall, it's so much more convenient than taking my cds with me.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Fuddy

I have a question....

If you burn mp3's to a dvd will the kenwood play them.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:37 PM
gt3

Thanks for the update. When you have a chance, can you please take a photo of the menu/display for the keg. I am curious because I have a keg as well. I hope Kenwood is taking advantage of the extra screen space. Also, does the display display the names fully? Thanks again.

Got the music keg installed on Sat. Went with the 910 or 20 gig.
I've spent all yesterday copying my CDs. Tested it out briefly today. The way the system works with the DVD double din is: main menu with tuner, video, cd changer, etc. You push Cd changer which gives you option of selecting CD changer or MP3 player. What comes next is a series of folders which i organized into music genres. Then I have the next set of folders organized into artists, then their CDs.

I must say i'm brand new to downloading music and even burning cds so bear with me or if you have any suggestions. I put the music keg velcroed down in the compartment behind passenger seat in the 350z roadster, takes up 1/2 of the space. So far so good, loads up pretty fast, displays album, track name, artist on the screen. Haven't really tried using the remote for this yet so i'll let you know how that goes. Overall, it's so much more convenient than taking my cds with me.
Old 03-08-2004, 05:39 PM
adidaskobe

I'll take some pics soon but for now, screen is organized by long folders which take up about 1/2 of the screen on the right with the folder name. On the left half of the screen there is up/down arrow key to scroll through folders. Also 2 buttons which displays subdirectories and back out within each folder. Best way to describe it is your folder system on your computer.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:13 PM
gt3

I'll take some pics soon but for now, screen is organized by long folders which take up about 1/2 of the screen on the right with the folder name. On the left half of the screen there is up/down arrow key to scroll through folders. Also 2 buttons which displays subdirectories and back out within each folder. Best way to describe it is your folder system on your computer.
Thanks, I look forward to your pics. I heard that only a few characters (5-8) for the folder and song names are displayed at a time. I was hoping more will be displayed. Maybe we will have to wait for the second generation of music keg to come out.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:12 PM
Rahtok

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any word on color schemes?
Old 03-10-2004, 01:20 PM
adidaskobe

The background of the screen is skyblue. i don't think you can adjust it. Only color option is for changing dvd and video/tv screen.
Old 03-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Phatmitzu

Wait..so how much is it again?? And will it play Burned movies(CD-R, DVD-R, VCDs)?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Kenwood DVD double DIN installed pic