Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Noob Needs Help: Want to Install Farenheit T-7001

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 09:33 AM
newmexicoZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob Needs Help: Want to Install Farenheit T-7001

Hey guys, I am a noob to the Audio section here. I have a 2003 BAse model with tne non-Bose unit. I wanted to hook up a Farenheit t-7001 on the nav compartment (using a PS2 to play dvds), while still keeping the stock cd player (I am trying to keep everything stock looking). I have searched as much as I can and have found a lot of great threads on how to take the console apart, placing the screen, running/tapping into power/ground, etc, but I still have one big question. I have experience with stereo systems installs, but I have never done a video screen. My question to all of you video/sound experts is as follows: I know the Farenheit screen takes Video Inputs, so I should be able to connect to it directly with the PS2 right (or am I wrong?). However, from pictures I have seen, the stock cd player does not. So I am assuming it takes an RF coax input? (am I wrong also?). So, how do I connect the video components to the stock stereo system (to get the sound). Do I need some kind of an RF-modulator. Also, for people who have done this themselves, can you tell me how you interconnected these components (not how to route the cables through the car, just what connects to what and through what components). I know these are a lot of questions, and I am sure I probable missed some of this info on older posts, but I have looked as much as I can. Any help would be greately appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-16-2004, 10:42 AM
funkdamonkman

You will need a RF modulator to connect to the stock radio. It has no imputs.

wiring will go like this:

PS2 will have 3 wires comming out... yellow, red, and white.

Yellow goes to the screen.

Red and white go to the RF modulator.

RF modulator either plugs in between the antenna and the stereo, or transmits to the stereo depending on which kind you get.

This install should be pretty straighforward. The hard part will be mounting your screen.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:33 AM
newmexicoZ33

Originally posted by funkdamonkman

RF modulator either plugs in between the antenna and the stereo, or transmits to the stereo depending on which kind you get.
Sweet, thanks a lot for the detailed description. One more question, does anyone have pics of how the RF modulator will hook up to the actual stereo (I'm having a little trouble picturing it). Also, can you guys suggest some RF modulators (plug and/or transmit). THanks!
Old 03-16-2004, 12:08 PM
funkdamonkman

A transmitting one does not plug in.

An inline one plugs in where the stock antenna plugs in. You then plug the stock antenna into the RF adaptor. The plug looks similiar to an RCA jack, but deeper.