Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Aftermarket Alarm Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 06:04 AM
alphared

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aftermarket Alarm Questions?

Ok, been putting off installing an aftermarket alarm for while now. Gonna go ahead and install it. Not my first, but first time on a Z.

Few questions for those how installed an aftermarket themselves or knows the anwsers.

The basics:
Where did you spice your connections? I check the service manual and majority of my connection can be located at the Body Control Module (BCM) Such as doors, trunk, etc.. So is it ok to splice into these wires? Cause it'll be a whole lot easier.

The Advanced:
I'm guessing, I can skip the parking light install, since the stock system will flash them if the door was opened. But on the safe side, how would I go about connecting this? I think I need to get an additional relay. Also for the Horn connection. It seems to be located in the Battery compartment. Whats the best way to handle this?
Old 05-23-2004, 06:54 PM
KPierson
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Aftermarket Alarm Questions?

Originally posted by alphared

The basics:
Where did you spice your connections? I check the service manual and majority of my connection can be located at the Body Control Module (BCM) Such as doors, trunk, etc.. So is it ok to splice into these wires? Cause it'll be a whole lot easier.
12V - Battery or ignition harness
Ignition - Ignition harness
Starter - Ignition harness
Power lock (factory arm)- In door
Power Unlock factory disarm) - In Door
Door Pin - BCM
Trunk Pin - BCM
Parking Lights - Drivers kick panel

It sounds easy just reading it, but these cars are not fun to put alarms on. Running the wires into the doors for lock/unlock is a pain.

I would hook the parking lights up because they will flash when you arm and disarm. Also, if the shock sensor sets the aftermarket alarm off the factory one will not go off.

As far as the 'horn' goes I would buy a dedicated siren. I'm not sure how well it will work with your alarm though. To hook up to the horn you will have to use a relay and go straight to the horn. There might be a (-) output from the BCM but I can't remember and I don't have my service manual with me.

Kevin