Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

How much improvement will I get..

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 05:47 PM
koolzero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much improvement will I get..

I have the touring with nav I don't want to lose any functionality of the Navigation. I've had enough with the horrible sounding bose and I would like it to sound better. I am wondering if it would sound better with just a speaker change? I am assuming it will since all of the pics I've seen of the stock speakers are of their dinky magnets and it makes me want to hurl.

I'm sure this has been posted before so flame on if you must, but could someone give me a run down of some of the stuff I would need in order for this to work, like amps for exmple... Is it possible to upgrade the stock sub with some a little better and still put it in the same spot or would it be best to move it somewhere in the trunk? I really don't want to lose any trunk space though so I would really prefer it to be located in the same place as stock.

Thanks for any help,

Kevin
Old 05-27-2004, 11:18 PM
shortcut3d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Changing the speakers is not going to help. The way I understand and from what people have told me about my 04, is that the stock amp and audio pilot are responsible for the poor audio quality in 03. My 04 Bose system was not the best factory system I have heard. But because of the new headunit and amp in 04, it sounds decent.

I found a major problem with my 04 Bose system was not the stereo but the sound dampening in the 350Z. I had vblock VB2 extreme and dynamat extreme installed. The system sounds much better. I estimate that 75% coverage in the rear hatch area, front seat floors and doors. The car is not quiet by any standards but it is definitely worth the extra penny.