Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Infinity Perfects blown?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Colorado S14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infinity Perfects blown?

I have some 6.1 in the front doors on my car that have stopped working on the passenger side. I recently got rear ended and pulled my amp JL 300/4 for fear it may get stolen while I was parked (trunk would not close). When I got the car back from the bodyshop and went to reinstall everything I noticed that the front right set does not work, I do not know if it was like that pre bodyshop or not. I tried to trace the wires but was unable to find a break or problem. And I crossed the outs on the amp so I know that it is putting out the signal. It is not making any sound no buzzing no nothing. I plan to take it in to where I got them installed and have them look it over. Do crossover boxes fail? What do you think it is?
Old 06-02-2004, 02:30 PM
wren57
Banned

I had one of my crossovers go out on my perfect 6.1s. I got a set of MB Quart crossovers from a friend and have had no problems since...
Old 06-02-2004, 04:14 PM
MonkeyBoy

If using a crossover on the setup, disconnect the midrange speaker from the crossover and wire it directly to the leads from your amp. If you got sound, then it is not blown and the crossover is toast. If it doesn't work the speaker is blown. Repeat with the tweeter. Before testing, turn the sensitivity **** on the 300/4 to a much lower setting so you do not torch the tweeter.