Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

remove center console in auto

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 12:25 PM
akared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remove center console in auto

Any one know how to remove center console in an auto I saw the how to, but it was for manual. I looked at many sites and they were all for manual. Any one know how to do it in a auto. I can's seem to pull out the shifter. I don't want to pull to hard and brake it. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:56 AM
dosserj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having that same problem. I tried following the directions for the manual console but it is not the same. Does the entire shroud have to come off from the top down?
Old 06-06-2004, 12:08 PM
zachcrosen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: remove center console in auto

Originally posted by akared
Any one know how to remove center console in an auto I saw the how to, but it was for manual. I looked at many sites and they were all for manual. Any one know how to do it in a auto. I can's seem to pull out the shifter. I don't want to pull to hard and brake it. Thanks for any help.
Here is how to remove the console in the AT. It has been a while since I did this, but I think I'm hitting everything. First you must remove the 2 screws on each side of the console behind the seats. Then remove the ashtry and the screw below it. Next, remove the silver trim ring around the shifter. Then take a small screwdriver and pry up on the front of the larger piece that is around the silver trim piece just removed(the piece containing the AC controls). There is 2 screws holding the front of the console to the center of the dash, remove them. You then have to pull your emergency brake all the way up. Then lift up slightly on the console, enough to reach underneath it and unplug the wiring harness. The console should just lift out. Why are you pulling on the shifter?

Zach