Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Removing stock tweeters sails

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Zracer03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing stock tweeters sails

I am in the process of putting in new tweeters in the factory location and a couple of days ago I removed the door panel and existing sail that the tweeters sits in. It was heed in pretty good it seemed and kind of had to yank it out, but now when I go to put it back in, it doesnt seem like there's anything to clip it tight. Just these tabs that push into these yellow holes, but they dont really hold to tight because when I put the door back on, it tends to pull the top of the saill back out, just doesnt sit right.. Am I missing something?
Old 06-15-2004, 06:56 PM
BriA5

The top point of the sail slips up into a small piece of rubber trim. Once you hook the top in, push the bottom "tabs" into the "yellow holes". Then put your door panel on and you should be all set.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Zracer03

Yeah I had slipped it under the rubber trim, and the tabs are on the top of the sail, one near the point, and the other on the bottom part of the angle. The lower tab seems to hold ok, but the upper one just seems real loose, the only thing holding it from popping out, is that it's under that rubber trim. Ah well, maybe it's just me!
Old 06-16-2004, 11:26 AM
fillup

You can use rope caulk (aka rope glazing) and fill the holes before you install the sail panels. My panels did not hold very well on my first install so I smashed a small piece of the caulk in the clip hole and it seemed to tighten them up. Rope caulk also works great for sealing small holes and door speaker gaps.