Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Lilliput NEW Problem, Touch Screen

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 03:57 PM
DMD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lilliput NEW Problem, Touch Screen

I had my lilliput screen installed all winter worked without a problem and I am now noticing on hot and humid days the touch screen (not the screen but the resistivity touchscreen portion (the portion that controls the mouse)) doesn't work at all or very random.

I redid the 25pt configuration and checked all the connections....is it simply due to the temperature and humidity? Anyone else with a lilliiput experiencing this?
Old 06-26-2004, 06:48 AM
Altimat

You may want to try clearancing the faceplate on the backside. The touchscreen fits snugly within some (thin, easily trimmed) tabs, and dimensional changes with temperature may be a possible cause of this??

If its not in the factory enclosure there may be some local pressure somewhere around the perimeter of the screen, or even a small piece of something stuck in there. Try loosening it up somehow.

Last edited by Altimat; 06-26-2004 at 06:53 AM.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:51 AM
2003z

I'm guessing its the temperature. I have read where some G35 owners have left there screens up in the hot sun and when they started the car there was a message saying the screen was inop due to heat or something like that..

Does it get better once the ac has been running for awhile?
Old 06-26-2004, 06:56 AM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 2003z
I'm guessing its the temperature. I have read where some G35 owners have left there screens up in the hot sun and when they started the car there was a message saying the screen was inop due to heat or something like that..

Does it get better once the ac has been running for awhile?
I was thinking the same thing. My father's navigation screen in his 7-series turns off automatically when it gets too hot. It has a message on the screen saying why it's turning off and then turns off. This only happens when it's over 100 degrees outside.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:21 AM
DMD

Originally posted by NismoKid
I was thinking the same thing. My father's navigation screen in his 7-series turns off automatically when it gets too hot. It has a message on the screen saying why it's turning off and then turns off. This only happens when it's over 100 degrees outside.
It gets better with A/C and windows up. The screen doesn't shut off or anything it just stops registering the touches. I am waiting for a cool day but lately it has been 80+ here in boston and very humid....
Old 06-26-2004, 07:24 AM
NismoKid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by DMD
It gets better with A/C and windows up. The screen doesn't shut off or anything it just stops registering the touches. I am waiting for a cool day but lately it has been 80+ here in boston and very humid....
Oh, the factory BMW's aren't touchscreen, but the humidity hasn't affected it (especially here in Florida).

I'm thinking about getting the Lilliput, but I'm not so sure anymore.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:32 AM
DMD

Today after it rained the screen worked fine! So the touchscreen capabilities are adversely affected by temperature and humidity levels....I have found that the system must use a pizeoelectric grid that is distorted with temperature and humidity (95%+).