Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Alpine and Ipod

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 11:04 AM
mofoz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine and Ipod

Just got this Email from Alpine. This will go great with my new soundsystem that gets installed tommorow.

Alpine Fan:

We wanted to give you an update regarding Alpine's Interface Adapter for iPod™ (which we announced in January).

The Alpine Interface Adapter for iPod (model KCA-420i) enables users to experience superior in-vehicle sound quality and advanced control of their iPod music using any of Alpine's 2004 Ai-Net in-dash head units in their own vehicle. The unit will ship at the end of September for a target retail price of $100.

Alpine's Interface Adapter for iPod enables people to use the in-dash receiver's exclusive Bass Engine® technologies to tune their system to get the best sound quality in their own vehicle. The solution allows users to control iPod playback using the head unit's front panel buttons or remote; view song information (artist, album and/or song name) on the display; and easily find tracks through the receiver's Quick Search interface with the rotary ****. Alpine’s exclusive MediaXpander™ technology restores lost detail to compressed digital media, bringing the original impact and life back to the music.

The Alpine Interface Adapter for iPod is a hide-away design and can be installed anywhere in the vehicle - under a seat, in the glove box or behind the dash. A single cable connects the adapter to the Alpine head unit, while a second cable connects the adapter to the iPod through the iPod dock connector. The iPod then acts like a plug and play hard drive controlled by Alpine’s easy-to-use rotary **** control. When the vehicle is on, the Interface Adapter also charges the iPod's internal battery.

Pricing and Availability
The Alpine Interface Adapter for iPod will be available through Alpine Authorized Dealers at the end of September for $100. It is compatible with any iPod mini with the dock connector and iPod update 2004-04-28. Go to the iTunes site to download the latest iPod software. Alpine offers 11 2004 Ai-Net head units through authorized dealers at target retail prices starting at $200.

For more iPod information respond here.

To sign up for the latest Alpine product releases and event news respond here

More info at http://www.alpine-usa.com/ipod/
Old 07-13-2004, 08:20 PM
bigfatjeffk

Yup . . . I was SO excited when Alpine announced this earlier this year. I can't wait until it's actually released. I'm going with an Alpine 9835 headunit. Until then . . . the iTrip will have to do.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:19 PM
mofoz

hehe im getting my Alpine 9835 installed tommorow. Im going to have them hardwire a miniplug right next to the cig lighter upfront so i can connect my ipod that way until this bad boy comes out.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:08 PM
bigfatjeffk

NICE! Who's doing the install? Are you going with the Metra kit? Hopefully I can check it out at the big Chicago meet on the 18th.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:09 AM
mofoz

Nope, no metra kit. Autosound Inc. is doing a custom dash kit, along with a custom fiberglass box that will sit behind the drivers seat. Cant wait for the meet on the 18th. Hope to see you there!