Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

PS2 Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 11:30 AM
Ducati

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PS2 Install Question

I installed my 7000-MHR lcd monitor and FM modulator and ran it to behind passenger seat. have it all going into an invertor which my PS2 is plugged into. Now here is my question everytime i turn my car off and i turn it back on i have to push the rest button so that the PS2 will come on. Is there anyway to get around that? I bought a wireless controller and it seems to work great when the lid is up and the seat is back. The only problem i have is easily turning it on. Does anyone know if the "remote dvd" controller can turn the power on? Any help would be great.

THank you.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:34 PM
BoostTed

Default Re: PS2 Install Question

Originally posted by Ducati
I installed my 7000-MHR lcd monitor and FM modulator and ran it to behind passenger seat. have it all going into an invertor which my PS2 is plugged into. Now here is my question everytime i turn my car off and i turn it back on i have to push the rest button so that the PS2 will come on. Is there anyway to get around that? I bought a wireless controller and it seems to work great when the lid is up and the seat is back. The only problem i have is easily turning it on. Does anyone know if the "remote dvd" controller can turn the power on? Any help would be great.

THank you.
Invertor is probably wired to a fuse that is only on whne the ignition is on. Try wireing the invertor to a fuse that is constantly on and turn it on and off with the power switch on the invertor it self. Im running a pair of logitech wires controllers and open or closed they work fine.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:00 AM
Ducati

Default Re: Re: PS2 Install Question

Thank you BoostTed

I will try that.
I am currently wired into the cig lighter and you are right its only on when the ignition is on.
thanks again.