Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Playstation 2 Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 09:58 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Playstation 2 Install Help

I have the AVIC-N1 and I am wanting to install a PS2. What all do I need? I am assuming a power converter. Thanks

Anyone with a AVIC-N1 have a PS2?
Old 08-07-2004, 12:34 PM
velodev

Sorry to be a thread crapper... but get a life man. Play your video games at home. It's a two-seater sports car, why make it into a mobile arcade.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:49 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally posted by velodev
Sorry to be a thread crapper... but get a life man. Play your video games at home. It's a two-seater sports car, why make it into a mobile arcade.
LISTEN UP NEWBIE,

If you don't have anything to add that helps in this thread then don't say nothing at all,

I am using it on 2500 mile road trip, NEWBIE!

Last edited by zand02max; 08-07-2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:23 PM
velodev

HAHAHAH... that's the best you can think of? You make fun of my post count?

Don't you think on your 2500 mile road trip you should... hrm, how do I say this... drive the car?

Last edited by velodev; 08-07-2004 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:43 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

HAHAHAH... that's the best you can think of? You make fun of my post count?

Don't you think on your 2500 mile road trip you should... hrm, how do I say this... drive the car?
Listen DUDE, this is a forum not some lame A$$ game being played by kids such as yourself. Grow Up Kid!

I suggest you quit posting if you do not have anything constructive too say. Nuff Said!
Old 08-07-2004, 03:25 PM
mofoz

power converter, definetly, and if you are using it and sticking it in your glove box, it could get alittle warm in there. Maybe just leave it open alittle. Im assuming the N1 has standard RCA inputs, for audio and video. Obviously if you dont have audio input, get an FM modulator. Also, if you want to use it while driving(for dvds), you have to ground the parking break sensor, so it always thinks its in park. Im sure you knew most of this, but just adding what i can. Also, if you have an 03, you might want to get a cigerette power spliter, so you can use a phone charger and the PS2 at the same time, or radar detector which is definetly a great investment for long trips.

Dude, plz stop flamming. Theres no reason for that in here. Im sure hes not gonna be playing GTA3 while driving, so let it go.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:31 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Thanks, I am pretty sure my AVIC-N1 has inputs, I was just curious of how big of a converter do I need?

Thanks again.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:13 PM
TwoNosBottles

Dude gotta get the radio frequency remotes.

an, where you gonna put the black box?
Old 08-07-2004, 09:10 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Old 08-08-2004, 12:04 AM
stu46

Originally posted by mofoz
Dude, plz stop flamming. Theres no reason for that in here. Im sure hes not gonna be playing GTA3 while driving, so let it go.
Yea. Everyone knows that GTA Vice City is better. j/k

DC/AC converter and RCA. That's all I used for my Xbox. I don't have the AVIC-N1 though. Just grab one from a local gaming/computer store. Circuit City, GameStop, Software Etc, CompUSA. IIRC, their in 75w increments. Wireless controllers help out a lot. Batteries die overnight if you forget to turn them off.
Old 08-08-2004, 01:17 AM
rjaustin

I use a 400-watt power inverter for my son's PS-2. Both fit in the glove compartment, and I did leave it open a bit for air circulation. Kept him happy the whole trip!
Old 08-08-2004, 01:18 AM
jreiter

Ignore what velodev said. Some folks just like to rain on other people's parades. I've never really understood it, but hey, some folks are just like that.

Anyway, like most have already said here, you'll definitely need the power inverter. Doesn't need to be big. Just look at the PS2's power requirements, and get an inverter that can handle at least that much. I used a 150 watt inverter, and I'm sure that's overkill. (I don't know the PS2's power specs off the top of my head.)

The rest is dependent on your AVIC. I used an Alpine screen and Alpine headunit. The head unit only had an AInet input, so I had to get an AInet-to-RCA adapter. (Only about $10 at a local audio shop.)

My Alpine screen was more of a problem. The aux video inputs not only use the hand brake wire (which can simply be grounded out permanently), but also used a foot brake wire. Total pain in the butt. We had to buy a little 3rd party device (can't think of the name of it) which *emulated* the foot brake wire. So you hook the stupid Alpine screen's foot brake wire into that, and the device simulates the patterns needed to allow the screen to run. Such a stupid, stupid design on Alpine's part.

Don't know if the AVIC has the same idiotic safety requirement, but you might want to be sure.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:52 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

This is what velodev wrote in a PM,

"I'm strongly against installing "distractions" in vehicles. Too bad this doesn't count toward my post count - I guess that's the only way to make opinions valid."

LOL!, anyways thanks for all the advice, except for the few.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:48 AM
velodev

I thought my response was classy compared to yours:

Dude, I don't know what your ****ing problem is, but you better quit acting like a god damn kid. This is an adult forum, not some GAME.

Leave my posts alone or you get reported.
I'll leave it at this... I hope you don't become involved with anything similar to this man:

Murder Trial Focuses On Whether Watching DVD Caused Crash
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/3581494/detail.html

I think I said this before in another fashion. If you are driving your car, you should be DRIVING YOUR CAR. Why do you need a playstation for a 2500 mi trip? And I believe I have just as much right to express my opinion as you do yours - I just didn't use expletives.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:55 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

I thought my response was classy compared to yours:

I'll leave it at this... I hope you don't become involved with anything similar to this man:

Murder Trial Focuses On Whether Watching DVD Caused Crash
http://www.thewbalchannel.com/news/3581494/detail.html

I think I said this before in another fashion. If you are driving your car, you should be DRIVING YOUR CAR. Why do you need a playstation for a 2500 mi trip? And I believe I have just as much right to express my opinion as you do yours - I just didn't use expletives.
I'll say it again,
Attached Thumbnails Playstation 2 Install Help-picture2.jpg  
Old 08-08-2004, 08:58 AM
velodev

Hmm, maybe you're just good a striking nerves. My wife teaches mentally and physically disabled children - so kudos once again on your level of class. I thought you said this was an ADULT forum.

I figure I am the closest one to act like one. When does it become your turn?
Old 08-08-2004, 11:25 AM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

velodev, if you don't like this thread...DON'T REPLY! SIMPLE AS THAT. No where in this thread did he say "do you guys think I should do this?, it may be unsafe?". BTW, I plan on installing one too, nothing wrong with playing PS2 while you are waiting in heavy traffic, or in a parking lot (and also "In-Z PC"). How many cases are there of people wrecking from playing games, dvd, or pc? Not near as many as the young people (paticularly girls, no offense) who get in wrecks everyday because they don't know how to drive. The point here is being resposible. BTW, keep posting like you do, and you won't last long, this is a forum to talk about cars, mods to cars, and off topics, you'll find your preaching won't help here seeing as this is a CAR FORUM! Leave lurker...

P.S. - To Zand02Max: post pics of the PS2 install when it's done!

Last edited by nis350ztt; 08-08-2004 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:39 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Actually the road trip is with the wife and I. But I do not need to explain myself anymore.

I will probably just buy a converter @ Walmart and just plug @ play for the trip since the brain of my AVIC is under the passenger seat.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:44 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally posted by zand02max
I'll say it again,
That was classic... ROFLMAO!!!!
Old 08-08-2004, 12:10 PM
BoostTed

Originally posted by zand02max
Actually the road trip is with the wife and I. But I do not need to explain myself anymore.

I will probably just buy a converter @ Walmart and just plug @ play for the trip since the brain of my AVIC is under the passenger seat.
i suggest going to radio shack and pick up this one. Ive seen some of the cheaper ones fail or not work as advertised.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...ct%5Fid=22-146

Quick Reply: Playstation 2 Install Help