Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Front Tweeter Sound Quality

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 01:24 PM
jhchan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Tweeter Sound Quality

Hi All,

I had my speakers upgraded to Kenwood eXcelon components in the fronts and rears. The rears have a custom mount for the tweeters in the center of the stock grille (exposed).

My question is has anyone who has replaced their speakers noticed poor quality using the stock tweeter location? It is very harsh on the upper tones with certain music (Usher's YEAH! is a perfect example). When I fade to the back with the same music it sounds ok. Is this because I had them mounted behind the stock location? Is the sound stage just bad in the front in our cars? Could they have been wired wrong? Are they being overdriven (the kenwood crossover has a setting). Any advice would be appreciated. I had a stereo shop do this so I'll have to bring it up with them. Wanted to see what everyone had to say though. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2004, 02:18 AM
stu46

I hate the stock tweeters. Let me repeat, I hate the stock tweeters.

The only problem I've had with the stock location is that it's not big enough. I don't get the full sound out of the tweeter now. I've gotta cut the stock hole bigger and mount the tweeter. Other than that, it sounds great. Couldn't be any happier with the sound.

It could be the setting or the tweeter. I have the Boston Acoutics Z6. Not harsh at all.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

the stock location sucks. The tweeter should be next to the woofer, i don't know why they always put them there but it is the wrong place. I put mine in the door next to the woofer and it sounds so much better. Unless you like really high piched sounds blaring in your face.