Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Possible to switch Bose 6-Dish HU into a Base Z??

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 12:39 PM
35OcraZy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible to switch Bose 6-Dish HU into a Base Z??

Hey, i was wondering if anybody here has swap a Bose 6-Disc Indash Cd Head Unit into there Z???
I just recently brought a Bose Head Unit [from a Touring Z] and i wanted to put it in my 350z [base]. I went to 2 local stereo store today:
1. said that my headunit was broken.. =/.. and the power works and everything but when they put a cd in.. it said error n didn't play or somethin. [somethin inside it was shakin.. and there was a dent n it look like it might of been dropped]
2. and the other said it's impossible, and i needed every speaker and amp to get it working?? b/c like each speaker has a amp behind it or somethin like that?...and they couldn't even get it powered to see if it works or not..

is that truee? anybody ever install a 6-Disc into there 350z??? Thanks

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Possible to switch Bose 6-Dish HU into a Base Z??-image074.jpg  
Old 08-17-2004, 01:54 PM
350ZOWNZ

some bose systems (like i believe the one in the 300ZX) had a amp for each speaker. But thats not the case with the 350Z. The bose system does have 2 amps i believe. One for the subwoofer and one for the speakers. (or maybe just one for all i cant remember)

So your question is could u just swap out the stock nonbose HU with a Bose in the 350z? No you cannot. The stock bose hu doesnt have a amp built in. If u got a amp then yes u could do it. But then thats just to much trouble and u might as well of gone aftermarket in the first place.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:15 AM
35OcraZy

Since i've already brought the Bose Headunit, i might as well buy the amp to get it installed. And i don't want an aftermarket stereo. i like the stock look. and also want a 6-dish indash.

But, so inorder to get the headunit to work, i just needa get the stock bose amp for my car? and it should work?? do i need anythin else for it?? Thanks
Old 08-18-2004, 06:52 AM
BrickydZ

No not just the headunit and amp. The speakers have to be the bose speakers as they have a different enclosures that stock. Wont sound right without the BOSE enclosures.

I thought I had hit the jackpot when 2 weeks after I got my track, I found a guy to sell me his whole BOSE system for $100.00.
Then found out the harness is totally different in my track, and nothing would work without the harness kit as well. The harness was way to expensive to even bother. Even if you can find a way to rewire soemthing the BOSE system doesnt sound so good to begin with. So why bother.

My advise is cut your loses and sell the 6 CD changer and get out of the BOSE all together. Then research an aftermarket system of some sort that sound good to you.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:58 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bose

To go all bose you need the all 4 speakers, the woofer, the 2 amps (one woofer, one for the other speakers) and a bunch of wiring.

If you want the stock look and 6-CD changer the best bet might be to get a line output converter and run the Bose HU to the LOC and then the LOC outputs to a normal amp and speakers.