Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Q: Can someone confirm how "satellite" is selected in the stock BOSE audio?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004 | 07:16 AM
PATB

Default Q: Can someone confirm how "satellite" is selected in the stock BOSE audio?

I am trying to feed my iPod into the 350Z radio. I found a module by PAC that only works with "satellite-ready" a 350Z. According to Couresy Nissan (http://www.courtesyparts.com/satellite_radio/), the 2004 350Z Touring Coupe with Bose Audio is satellite ready. I have a BOSE audio in my '04 Touring Coupe, and the manual states that the satellite radio is selected using the radio button. However, with the radio button, I can only cycle through FM1/FM2/AM at the moment. I am hoping that I will be able to select SAT using the radio button once the PAC module is actually installed.

Is it possible that the Bose radio button only cycles through FM1/FM2/AM/SAT1/SAT2 if it detects a satellite radio? Can someone who has upgraded their BOSE to accept satellite confirm this? Thanks much.
Old 08-28-2004 | 03:13 PM
KPierson
Banned

It's been a while since I looked into it but if I remember right there are three digital communication lines between the stock radio and the SAT unit. The SAT option is only selectable after you install the SAT brain. I actually bought the SAT receiver just to allow the switching and if I ever get around to it I'll feed my DVD audio through the balanced SAT input lines.

Kevin
www.KPtechnologies.net
Old 08-28-2004 | 07:38 PM
ZBoater

Default Re: Q: Can someone confirm how "satellite" is selected in the stock BOSE audio?

Originally posted by PATB
Is it possible that the Bose radio button only cycles through FM1/FM2/AM/SAT1/SAT2 if it detects a satellite radio? Can someone who has upgraded their BOSE to accept satellite confirm this? Thanks much.
Yes. If there is no input into the satellite connector, hitting the radio button will not show SAT1/SAT2. Your owners manual has pictures of the different Bose head units so you can confirm if your is satellite ready.