Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Any measurements for possible Amp locations?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 06:11 PM
bjr48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Any measurements for possible Amp locations?

I am eagerly awaiting my '05 Base coupe and have been looking through the great info on stereo installs but it's hard to tell how much room you have without a car!
I've got a nice multichannel amp I'd like to use for whatever I end up with for a system. I am not putting anything in the trunk because I want every inch of room I can back there plus have everything hidden. I already know I could stuff it in the glovebox area after removing the glovebox but I wanted to know about a couple of other locations in case I want to keep the glovebox or put 2 subs in (1 in the glovebox area/1 in stock sub area), etc.

1) What kind of space is available behind the seats BETWEEN the glove box and stock sub space?
2) what kind of space is available under the seats? I can't imagine much but I may be surprised.

By the way the Amp is rather large and would need about 4.5"high x 17" long x 17-18" wide (so there is room for the wires on the sides).

thanks for your help
Old 10-05-2004, 07:31 PM
rotaryrocket7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's more room under the seats than you would think, also there's styrofoam under the front carpet to level the floor. I ould rethink the rear, I installed 2 PPI pro 12's, 2 PPI amps and power and ground distribution blocks. My stock carpet is still in the same place, I still have everything except spare tire (jack, tools, and tire plugs for emergency). I am having "Z" logo sub covers built that will protect the subs when I load the golf clubs, and other stuff in the trunk. Anyway, you can work with the back and keep well hidden. Good Luck, and great taste in automobiles!