Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Parking Break Signal Lead?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 08:41 AM
msims

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Parking Break Signal Lead?

My Alipine IVA-D300 wants me to hook up a wire to the Parking Break Signal Lead. There is a single wire coming off the parking break handle switch - not sure how that works since there isnt two wires to complete a circuit - but is that the wire I need?
Old 11-20-2004, 03:27 PM
bastard

Should be, all it does is connect to ground. If you want to be able to use the video while moving, you can just ground that wire to a constant ground. I'm pretty sure that's how it works. You may want to check your manual first.
Old 11-20-2004, 04:06 PM
msims

Originally posted by bastard
Should be, all it does is connect to ground. If you want to be able to use the video while moving, you can just ground that wire to a constant ground. I'm pretty sure that's how it works. You may want to check your manual first.
The manual isn't real helpful in those kinds of details. But I do know that I need to get that wire hooked up as well as the normal brake line, because for whatever reason, the HU wont give me the advanced features until I hit the brakes, then enguage the parking break twice (or something like that). So I need to hook into the parking brake AND the brake lights.

<sigh> - these installs take a long a$$ time.