Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

Stereo install part 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 04:14 PM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thanks

That does help.

I looked at more stereos today and now I think I would go with a single DIN height. The best performing units seem to be single DIN. (I guess because they are the most common).

Althought Sony does make some cool double din units.

Now what would be REALLY cool is if the second din space could be a little better than a cubby. Like if there was a kit to turn a 1DIN opening in to a cubby with a door, sort of like the NAV spot.

I wonder if there is such a thing?
Old 01-21-2003, 03:57 PM
FBlade1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Install pushed back to Friday

Well I said that the install would be completed today, but unfortunately it had to be pushed back till Friday because the second sub bracket hasen't arrived yet. I have my fingers crossed and will post pt 2 when its completed.

FBlade1
CS Performance & 1/2 stereo system.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:18 AM
onecoolee

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default IB's ??

THose look like JL IB's ? How do they sound ? I am curious b/c I never heard a tight sound freeair sub. JL makes great stuff, so maybe they have a winner here, but I always prefered enclosed subs.

My main question is this...how do you like your JL Evolustion 650CSI's ? I just put mine in, but still need to finish my sub enclosure up. What tweeter and mid settings did you use ? I think the stock location restricts the tweeterh output a little, and the Z doors have over 1/3 of the grill not perforated, which drowns out alot of midrange and midbass...I am curious if you did anything about this ??
Old 01-27-2003, 05:25 PM
FBlade1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: IB's ??

Originally posted by onecoolee
THose look like JL IB's ? How do they sound ? I am curious b/c I never heard a tight sound freeair sub. JL makes great stuff, so maybe they have a winner here, but I always prefered enclosed subs.

My main question is this...how do you like your JL Evolustion 650CSI's ? I just put mine in, but still need to finish my sub enclosure up. What tweeter and mid settings did you use ? I think the stock location restricts the tweeterh output a little, and the Z doors have over 1/3 of the grill not perforated, which drowns out alot of midrange and midbass...I am curious if you did anything about this ??

The subs have a good tight sound. Its just a little boomy with heavy bass lines in some of the dance music I listen to. That's only at high volume. I think that the setup I used helped a bit since two subs are sharing the stock location which was heavily dynomatted. I really like the sound of the Evolution speakers. My headunit it setup to cross the base over at 80 and the treble at 125. The JL's are fine with me behind the factory door grills. I suppose you could get a bit more from them if you made a custom grill or pod for them. Let me know what you final system is like!!